multiple issues create a wild night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fwiw rocnas will set upside down, not really well but it can happen. We are going on ten years with ours and have never had any reset issues. Dragging has been due to bottom, fouling or not doing a hard set. In ten years and probably 2500 uses this has happened three times, all in the first year of use. Getting ready to buy our third chain this fall. We are still quite happy with the anchor choice.

My first night anchoring with 20 knot winds I was a bit worried about dragging. Come morning turns out I didn’t need to be. My anchor had caught under and my chain had wrapped around an old naval anchor 6’ across that had its shank pointed partially up by an abandoned 5000 lb concrete mooring block that had been dropped on it.

Well, as someone who has been using one every day for 6 years I call bullshlt on that or at least that has been our experience.

The anchor testing done on youtube by S/V Panope is the best I've ever seen. Not sure, but the negative opinions on the roll bars seem to be consistent with his testing. The Rocna set well, but had trouble resetting.

His testing also shows how the same type of anchor can work differently for a dinghy anchor vs main anchor (light weight vs heavier weight).

I'm not wanting to debate anchors here, but I am thinking the heavier anchors, mine is 260 lbs, are in no way comparable to the same anchor in 50 lbs. I've never seen testing of the same anchor from the smallest to the largest.

Simi: What size Rocna do you have?

Simi: What size Rocna do you have?

We don't have one.
We have a 150lb Manson Supreme
Same same but different.

Wow, 260lb is a huge pick, how big is your vessel?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom