Krogen Express Sea Keeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Hey All,

Mostly I'm dreaming here probably, but one of my favorite boats is the Krogen Express, I like the 52 best, but most likely could only afford a 49, if that.

We love our Mainship 400, but would like to be able to get further down the islands than just the Bahamas, and I don't feel it is the boat to do that comfortably. We would like to explore all of the Eastern and some of the Western Caribbean, no desire to cross oceans.

What do you think of the Krogen Express' ability to do this? I know that a stabilized boat may be a better option, but I'd like something with a bit more speed. I know plenty of guys who do the same sort of trips we are considering in mid-size sportfishers, would a Krogen Express have similar seakeeping abilities in your estimation?

Yes, I know it would burn more fuel than a stabilized, FD hull. I totally get that.

Thanks.

The one that passed us in Exuma Sound in 3’s to 5’s the other day looked like it was doing OK.

Saw this one ( Krogen Express) for sale and got a chuckle on the gaggle of danforth anchors.. why not just get One good one!

Probably a hurricane setup but they look way too small

I too have always had a soft spot for these.

HOLLYWOOD

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-22 1998 Krogen Express 49 Express Cruiser for sale - YachtWorld.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-02-22 1998 Krogen Express 49 Express Cruiser for sale - YachtWorld.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom