Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
I went onboard her sister ship a few months ago, pretty impressive use of space
Nice powerplant, excellent tankage and fuel burn.
Pretty much ticks all of my boxes

0_4.jpg

https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boat...lindsay-smith-long-range-motor-cruiser/252245

I went onboard her sister ship a few months ago, pretty impressive use of space
Nice powerplant, excellent tankage and fuel burn.
Pretty much ticks all of my boxes

0_4.jpg

https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boat...lindsay-smith-long-range-motor-cruiser/252245

You know, 2 or 3 retired couples could sell everything and buy that boat and cruise the world in luxury for not much, if any more, than owning a small 45-50 foot NH or KK. Crew the boat themselves, two hour watches, everyone gets plenty of sleep, and support if anyone gets sick. Lately, I've been getting seriously motion sick. Can't even make a half hour as a passenger in a car.

You know, 2 or 3 retired couples could sell everything and buy that boat and cruise the world in luxury for not much, if any more, than owning a small 45-50 foot NH or KK.

Its only $490 usd

15 LPH, at 8 knots, 7000 nm range and actual comfort
Stabilisers, thruster
Crane and two tenders
Full headroom in er (I was impressed and we have a spacious er)
Almost a unicorn IMHO.

Last edited:

That has to be the worst ad for a boat I have ever seen and heard! Somebody's kid playing a piano with one finger while you visually tour a narrow hulled boat with a wide angle lens. Can they make it feel any more claustrophobic? What's with the 1960's decor and square cornered furniture? I can't think of a better way to dissuade people from buying a catamaran. That boat screams dock queen or sunset cruiser.

Ted

You know, 2 or 3 retired couples could sell everything and buy that boat and cruise the world in luxury

If they hire a captain who tells them to "go to their room" when they act like children. Unless you are all brothers from another mother since kindergarten running a ship as a democracy is a recipe for disaster.

Ah yes, the advantages of buying a boat you can single handed or 1 1/2people.

15 LPH, at 8 knots, 7000 nm range and actual comfort
Stabilisers, thruster
Crane and two tenders
Full headroom in er (I was impressed and we have a spacious er)
Almost a unicorn IMHO.

Only two sleeping cabins which for that size boat is...well...

No watch berth that I saw, either?

Otherwise a sweet, sweet vessel.

If they hire a captain who tells them to "go to their room" when they act like children. Unless you are all brothers from another mother since kindergarten running a ship as a democracy is a recipe for disaster.

Captain would be sleeping on the couch in the saloon.

Its only $490 usd

Yeah but the purchase price is the cheap part. It's the maintenance and repairs that bite ya on a big boat.

Yeah I get that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-17 1953 Monk Sedan Power New and Used Boats for Sale - www yachtworld co uk.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-17 1953 Monk Sedan Power New and Used Boats for Sale - www yachtworld co uk.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 63
That has to be the worst ad for a boat I have ever seen and heard! Somebody's kid playing a piano with one finger while you visually tour a narrow hulled boat with a wide angle lens. Can they make it feel any more claustrophobic? What's with the 1960's decor and square cornered furniture? I can't think of a better way to dissuade people from buying a catamaran. That boat screams dock queen or sunset cruiser.

Ted[/QUOTE

Either this is "tongue in cheek " or the worst "sour grapes" response I have ever seen.

This is a beautiful boat if the bright work doesn't kill you. It was repowered in 2009 with new Perkins M 135s and over 80% replanked last year. She should last a long time.

https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/1953/monk-sedan-3725794/

Those engines are packed in TIGHT.
With all the bright work in the head, I would hope, it is a dry head with separate shower.
Based upon the pictures, it is a boat I can appreciate but, sure am glad I dont own it and have to take care of the bright work.

Greetings,
Re: Post #9405. Philippine "mahogany" is NOT the best for boat construction. It is a softer species and more prone to rot.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the advantages of buying a boat you can single handed or 1 1/2people.

Old Dan, that extra 1/2 person would sure come in handy for getting to the outboard sides of the engines, or other tight spaces!:D

I love the curve of the canvas on the Monk.
HaHa ... and the rest of her.

Quite a contrast to the last boat ... full of function but ugly chunky lines.

Last edited:
Yeah but the purchase price is the cheap part. It's the maintenance and repairs that bite ya on a big boat.

So I keep hearing but reality for us is different.
Bigger boat overall costs less.

Which one?

As I recall, the PT boats had a trio of Packard 4M-2500 and later 5M-2500 supercharged gasoline-fueled, liquid-cooled V-12 marine engines.
AND a engineer in the ER.

I cheated, I checked the internet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom