How much Courtesy is Enough, or too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ask. Assuming you’re Doc’s okay with your boating, great place to recuperate. Ask for the best location, ask for help docking, ask for help with the dogs, etc. You already know from prior experience that most folks on a boat are generous and willing to help! Giving is as good as getting, sometimes better!

We all are hesitant to ask for help, whether it's as simple as lifting an object or whether it's related to out physical condition. Yet, most people like being asked. Some even feel honored a bit. People in general are very happy to help those they know need a little aid. The problems are often when they have no idea. When I did go into grocery stores, I got so upset when I'd see an elderly lady struggling and no one from the store would ask if she needed help. I'd ask for her or help if I could, but she should have asked. She should have said "I need someone to help me to my car." When she didn't, they should have recognized. But when I'd get her someone they always seemed eager to help. We've lost a lot of things in society but one I don't think we've lost is our willingness to help others who need it.

As I said before though, by law it's a reasonable accommodation and they must make it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom