Hello, and another "which boat" question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seanic route

Hello all and I am glad to be here...I asked this question on cruisers forum but figured I would ask here too. Specifically looking for semi displacement hull recommendations.

Yes its one of those questions.

Budget 50k (could be stretched). Length 30-42' Semi Displacement (able to get on plane if you must; with decent (not trawler like) fuel economy at slower speeds). OR; sea kindly / worthy MY/Powerboat (is there such a thing?) Pure trawler will not do, due to jobs/school etc and wanting to occasionally go further than the local 50mile radius.

Understand that at this budget point it'll be older.

Goal: Weekend cruising with the Family. Occasional Hopping over to the Bahamas for a month or so, prefer to stay on the hook vs. Marina. Sailed Bahamas on a 46' Sailboat for a year, with the family but jobs and house now mean we need a faster boat for the occasional jaunt. We are located on the Florida East Coast. This is an in-between boat, long term plan when kids are off to college in 5+ years is a sailing catamaran.

Tollycraft 34 came to mind, unable to find one on the east coast though. Thoughts for similar boats?

Thanks in advance

I would look for an older Mainship 34 that had been repowered. Probably a little slower than you want but well proven, problems easily identified and some money left over for repairs/updates....
Several have been updated with the Cummins 6b in various configurations. Other original with the Perkins .

Welcome aboard. The older Mainships are indeed a great value.

Back
Top Bottom