Fridge for Mainship 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mml2112

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
2008 Mainship 400
Does anyone have the model of the OEM fridge in a Mainship 400 circa 2008?

It was replaced with a small one.:banghead:

Thanks!

They are usually Nova Kool. Regardless of what used to be there, measure the rough cut opening, then look at dual-voltage marine fridges which will fit that rough cut opening.

In my 390 the only fridge that will fit the rough cut is another Nova Kool.

Good Luck

Better yet is to find an Isotherm that will fit with minor changes. We put one in our boat last year and it is awesome. We have always had to run boat refers at or near the maximum cooling settings. Our Isotherm goes from 0 to 8 so we set it to 8. It froze everything in the refer section. We finally worked our way down to 3 and the freezer is rock hard and the refer is good too. We are extremely happy with it. First boat refer that I have ever said that about.

If you find an Isotherm that fits please report back on make/model and subsequent performance. While the nova kool is sufficient I would jump at the chance for something that works as Comodave describes if I ever needed another.

If the current unit is sized to match the Novakool RFU9000 / RFU9200, go for the 9200 as a replacement. It's dual compressor (separate for fridge and freezer) like many of the Isotherm models and should have similarly good performance. The RFU9000 I've got (with a few small mods) is good, but having separate fridge and freezer temperature control would be much better.

Back
Top Bottom