Daytona Beach Shores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Traat

Vessel Name
Concrete
Vessel Make
2000 Chaparral
I'll be in Daytona Beach Shores Florida for a week during spring break in a few weeks.

Would anyone have a recommendation of a place to go look at boats for sale nearby?

I'd like to just start walking on some boats (I've been a looky loo online for sometime) I'd like to start standing on decks instead of staring at pictures. Not ready to buy, but ready to drool.

hopefully in the next 2 or so years I'll be ready to purchase. Thanks ahead of time for the recommendations.

I love this group. :smitten:

Looking at boats is a lot more like shopping for a house than shopping for a car.

You'll typically find a boat you want to view, then contact that broker to arrange a showing. Often you can contact a large brokerage and have them take you around to several boats, however, like a house, they will need to know what you're looking for. These boats will not be at the same location.

You will really be wasting a brokers time if you have no intention of buying.

Daytona Beach at Spring Break ?

I would think all boat owners and boat sellers would turn off their phones those weeks.

pete

Looking at boats is a lot more like shopping for a house than shopping for a car.

You'll typically find a boat you want to view, then contact that broker to arrange a showing. Often you can contact a large brokerage and have them take you around to several boats, however, like a house, they will need to know what you're looking for. These boats will not be at the same location.

You will really be wasting a brokers time if you have no intention of buying.

Being in sales most of my life, the idea of walking around with a non-buyer (defined as within 6 months at least?). Would kind of tick me off. Unless told the situation going in and I agreed to it (because I am bored?).

When you are serious have your must have list from virtual shopping and talk to a few owners of likely candidates. Then call a commission only broker.

Welcome to DBS. There are a few marinas in Daytona beach on the mainland side of the Halifax, including the city marina which is fairly large. Might be a broker in there. Another marina is next door to the south that also has a broker.

Thanks everyone, I certainly don't want to waste anyone's time.

I will reserve my two cents until I have an idea roughly what you are looking for? Pilot house? Flybridge? Sundeck? What size range?
I agree with the earlier comments regarding a broker. There may be times when sales are so slow. They are forced to do what you are talking about but the market is nowhere near that soft. It’s still pretty strong.

The Palm Beach boat show is March 23-26. That is a good place to walk around and see a few boats and brokers

Back
Top Bottom