carpet replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fixer

Our 390 Mainship needs new carpet on stairs and berths area. Would appreciate suggestions on types of carpet and methods of attaching to floor and cabinetry. TIA

Thanks for asking, need to do my master, been contemplating the various methods to do so.

Are you sure you want carpet?
We couldn't wait to get rid of ours.
Here's the project details and glad to report we are very happy with the results.
If its an area area you want something softer i would go with something easy yo clean and add an area rug that can be removed to clean replace easily. easily.
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46119

@Bacchus, thanks for linking that thread, was thinking of basically doing what syjos did, glad to see someone else did it already.

We replaced the carpet in our new boat last fall. We asked a recommended local carpet company what carpet they recommended for long lasting wear. They used some sort of nylon carpet. I ripped out the old carpet. They said we saved about $1,400 by doing that. It cost $2,900 for the install. They did such a nice job that we hired them to do the tile work on our bathroom remodel and used the same carpet in our bedrooms in the house. Find a company that does a fair number of boats. I called several floor covering stores and asked who they recommended.

Back
Top Bottom