Back in the water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
34' CHB
Was just out for my two year haulout and zinc replacement. Zincs were still there though obviously mostly depleted after 2 years. They appear to be doing their job. Paint was pretty thin.
Now two coats of new paint, all zincs. Took some fuel from the local diesel dealer by truck while out, went pretty well, though had a small geyser just as I was shutting it off on one tank! Small mess to clean up but otherwise no big. Truck driver said it didn't even make it on his radar for eruption events.
Been doing a lot of work on teak this spring. Old varnish is coming off and being replaced with teak oil. Looks better and much less work overall I think.
Weather has been pretty lousy locally this May, which is usually nicer than June, but last year was the opposite and I suspect this year will be like that as well. Rained almost all day here today.
Back in my slip yesterday in Shelter Bay, La Conner.
What with the Covid crap keeping the whole country on pins and needles wondering when and where things will improve, ( I know normal will no longer apply ) I guess at least we have cruising to look forward to, though I suppose some enterprising beaurocrat will come up with some way to make sure our boats maintain social distancing! I don't know if the San Juans are even open for business yet?
Lets hope they get it ironed out before its too late.
There was a neat boat hauled out there called the Aleutian Tern that I remember from somewhere. Went over to talk to the owner and blurted out my name, knew we shared a birthday, knew my family etc. I was a bit flummoxed but eventually got it all sorted out. Small world. Here is a pic of his neat old wood boat, sort of a miniature halibut schooner, Bill Garden boat I think the owner said.

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom