Anchor Wars come to Georgia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nobody ever answered my question... What do you do with the composted ****, piss and soiled toilet paper when you get tired of smelling it? How do you make it disappear. I don't think you can. I think most dispose it in a way that makes them feel better about saving the world even if it does nothing more than making them feel better about destroying the world.
Tell us about your boat.

Nobody ever answered my question... What do you do with the composted ****, piss and soiled toilet paper when you get tired of smelling it? How do you make it disappear. I don't think you can. I think most dispose it in a way that makes them feel better about saving the world even if it does nothing more than making them feel better about destroying the world.

So my friend in Canada, dumps the piss over board. Disposes of the poop when they are back at the marina. Their toilet never stinks.

Keep in mind they are in Canada.

So my friend in Canada, dumps the piss over board. Disposes of the poop when they are back at the marina. Their toilet never stinks.

How do they dispose of the compost/poop? If you put it into the trash you are exposing sanitation workers, dock workers who dump the trash and even other boaters to cholera, hepatitis and other pathogens. If it goes down the toilet will it be able to handle the mass or will it clog and again expose others, although anyone who fixes clogged toilets knows to take precautions m.

You've got a lot of assumptions about composting toilets that are mostly incorrect. Learning more about them would help.

The short answer is that they don't stink, and emptying them is like removing dirt.

I post a link to this opinion included in Waterway Guide.

https://www.waterwayguide.com/lates..._01-10-2020&utm_content=Nav+Alerts+01-10-2020

It is the opinion of the writer, not my opinion and I don't fully share it, but felt it should be passed on to this thread.

Inquiring minds would like to know: who are the two landowners who got all of this going? Maybe THEY are who we should direct our attention towards...... I don’t see why their identities should be kept confidential: they chose to influence a public process, the public has a right to know who they are. One would think they would want to take public credit for their accomplishment on behalf of all Georgians if this was such a serious problem.

Last edited:
How do they dispose of the compost/poop? If you put it into the trash you are exposing sanitation workers, dock workers who dump the trash and even other boaters to cholera, hepatitis and other pathogens. If it goes down the toilet will it be able to handle the mass or will it clog and again expose others, although anyone who fixes clogged toilets knows to take precautions m.

If it's composted fully and at a high enough temperature, it should be pretty harmless. It's only an issue if it's not fully composted yet.

Inquiring minds would like to know: who are the two landowners who got all of this going? Maybe THEY are who we should direct our attention towards...... I don’t see why their identities should be kept confidential: they chose to influence a public process, the public has a right to know who they are. One would think they would want to take public credit for their accomplishment on behalf of all Georgians if this was such a serious problem.

Follow the money. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out who they are.

If it's composted fully and at a high enough temperature, it should be pretty harmless. It's only an issue if it's not fully composted yet.

How does the guy who empties the trash cans on the dock know that it was fully composted? Does the dumper check or provide any guarantees? Otherwise you are just dumping poop in the trash can. If it is fully composted and if the temperature is high enough, it SHOULD be “pretty harmless” sounds a bit sketchy. What about in winter or fall, are there poo heaters to achieve a safe temp or does one just trust that it is all OK?

How does the guy who empties the trash cans on the dock know that it was fully composted? Does the dumper check or provide any guarantees? Otherwise you are just dumping poop in the trash can. If it is fully composted and if the temperature is high enough, it SHOULD be “pretty harmless” sounds a bit sketchy. What about in winter or fall, are there poo heaters to achieve a safe temp or does one just trust that it is all OK?

Pretty sure that other organic waste in the trash has or can develop nasty pathogens pretty easily without needing to have poop added to it. The output from a composting toilet isn't likely to make it noticeably worse.

A person who has cholera using a composting toilet is likely to completely screw up the composting process anyway.

As also noted previously, disposable diapers are just tossed in the trash, so what's the difference?

Pretty sure that other organic waste in the trash has or can develop nasty pathogens pretty easily without needing to have poop added to it. The output from a composting toilet isn't likely to make it noticeably worse.

A person who has cholera using a composting toilet is likely to completely screw up the composting process anyway.

As also noted previously, disposable diapers are just tossed in the trash, so what's the difference?

The difference is that the workers handling the trash know what the risk of a dirty diaper is and they can readily identify them as they work and either avoid them or take other precautions. I doubt that is the case with bags of composted poo, even more so if the dumped material is not bagged and just dumped into the can from the container of the toilet. I believe it was just this sort of thing that recently got composting toilets banned in one jurisdiction.

If a sick person with cholera or hepatitis will screw up the composting process isn’t that an argument against their use? I know that cholera is rare these days, but hepatitis is not. And cruisers go all over the world these days exposing the interior of the toilet to all sorts of things which then can persist and be transferred indefinitely. Just because someone has had a cholera shot and is personally immune does not mean they cannot pass along the pathogen to others. IIRC, this is what happened recently in Haiti.

To tell you the truth, I don't know. The solids are in a bag that is sealed. No more danger than dog poop that is placed in garbage cans.

To tell you the truth, I don't know. The solids are in a bag that is sealed. No more danger than dog poop that is placed in garbage cans.

We put a bag containing a week's worth of dog poop in the trash every Tues. Plus an even bigger bag of cat poop. I'm sure a lot of the neighbors do the same thing and a lot of them have more and/or much bigger dogs than we do.

Nobody seems to care, or notice. I don't see the trash collectors in bio-hazard suits either.

My town tells me a lot about what can and cannot be in the trash. Doesn't say anything about animal waste though.

Nobody seems to care, or notice. I don't see the trash collectors in bio-hazard suits either.

My town tells me a lot about what can and cannot be in the trash. Doesn't say anything about animal waste though.

Be thankful you do not have and elephant nor a cow. I am sure your town might 'suggest' if you do. LOL

Actually, I think human waste is much more dangerous to humans than animal waste in the same way that you can get all sorts of illnesses from kissing strangers, but not much from letting a strange dog lick your face. As long as the composted waste is in a sealed bag it is not a safety issue, just like used disposable diapers in a sealed bag.

So it would appear you all that cruise up and down the ICW are screwed when trying to find a place to drop the hook in GA. Other States may try the same.

But then again, if you pull into a bay, drop the hook for the night, then up and go in the morning, what are the chances a water cop will find you?

So it would appear you all that cruise up and down the ICW are screwed when trying to find a place to drop the hook in GA. Other States may try the same.

But then again, if you pull into a bay, drop the hook for the night, then up and go in the morning, what are the chances a water cop will find you?

Those pesky water side neighbors might report you. LOL
I think the fear is dumping of the sanitary tank, rightfully so. Always make a log entry location when pumping out the sanitary tank.
When you find a place for fuel, water and pump out, you might very well feel compelled to rent a slip too until you get the price of the fuel.

Last edited:

Well, we all know Canadian's poop doesn't stink.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Well, we all know Canadian's poop doesn't stink.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Anyone who believes that never lived in a logging in northern Canada after the open cesspool thaws. :rofl:

Greetings,
Mr. OD. Hah! That's from all those temporary, foreign workers.

200.webp

Went to the Georgia government sites to review final of HB201. The actual legislation reads like it is trying to control waste discharge. Only one person in the House and Senate voted against the bill. It reads like a good thing to do to protect the waters. Problem is it hands the management of the bills regulations to the DNR. There is no mention of 1000 foot setbacks. The use the bills definition of "structures" in the administrative order to set up the limits. It is very possible that the politicians had no idea what the DNR was going to do.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. f. To quote the venerable songster, Arlo Guthrie from Alice's Restaurant:

We walked in, sat down, Obie came in with the twenty seven eight-by-ten
Colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back
Of each one, sat down. Man came in said, "All rise." We all stood up,
And Obie stood up with the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy
Pictures, and the judge walked in sat down with a seeing eye dog, and he
Sat down, we sat down. Obie looked at the seeing eye dog, and then at the
Twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows
And a paragraph on the back of each one, and looked at the seeing eye dog.
And then at twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy pictures with circles
And arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one and began to cry,
'cause Obie came to the realization that it was a typical case of American Blind justice, and there wasn't nothing he could do about it, and the
Judge wasn't going to look at the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy
Pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each
One explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us.

Bolding mine...

Tell that to this guy. Oh, wait....

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/25/health/dog-lick-death-germany-scli-intl-grm/index.html

Or the man and woman who lost body parts (hands and feet) after their dogs licked them.

Every time I see people allowing dogs to slobber all over their faces/mouths...I cringe. You do know that dogs lick, well, everything, right? My wife is an RN and she will tell you it’s disgusting and medically risky.

Reminds me of a great joke, though:

Two guys are walking down a street when they see a dog licking his “member”. One guy says “Man, I wish I could do that”.
His friend responds, “You probably can, but I’d pet him first”.

Greetings,
Mr. OD. YOU were the only foreign worker? Thanks for proving my point.

200.webp

Why do dogs lick their "parts"?

Because they can.

200.webp

My lab used to enjoy licking my face until he discovered his parts tasted better.

Did you see the Ricky Gervais' opening monologue at the Golden Globes on Judi Dench playing in Cats?

"Dame Judi Dench defended the film, saying it was the role she was born to play because she – I can’t do this next joke. Because she loves nothing better than plunking her ass down on the carpet, lifting her legs and licking her own --"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom