Aging gracefully with a boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HC, you are of course meandering on about Aducanumab, an anti-amyloid-beta human monoclonal antibody, previously known as BIIB037.

I forgot what I was going to say next, never mind. Is it Thursday?

That is my problem. I am half Scottish and half Welsh (Scwelsh?). That means I am cheap.....and stubborn about it.

I think I need to turn up the Scwelsh on this conversation because I'm not sure what some of you are getting at.

You loose ~30% of your neurons in the first ~2 years of life as you decide which neural networks to set up. Then you spend the next 25 to 30 years to decide how to set up your synaptic branching and the order of hierarchy. It’s down hill from there. You do gain wisdom and knowledge (they’re two very different things) and there’s a fair bit of neural plasticity that allows you to pick up the slack. But like so many neuro degenerative diseases AD is just another one where the basic problem is you don’t take out the garbage ( tau and amyloid) as quickly as you make it. Like atherosclerosis, arthritis and other degenerative diseases it’s a life long process. Some people are put together better (genetics). Some people stress their structures more (nature of work, diet, toxins, lifestyle). So chimney sweeps get testicular cancer, bricklayers get arthritis in their hands and my vodka drinking 2 pack a day pall mall smoking paternal grandmother lives to 95 in her own apartment totally independently and as sharp as a tack.
People act from fear. Peoples don’t accept correlation is NOT proof of causation. People still pore water on houses when all they’re going to save is the foundation. Piss away your money on what you want. Please go back and study basic biology. Learn about how your mitochondria work. Learn about beta amyloid and tau protein. Then decide. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Personally I’m very, very disappointed in our FDA. Biogen pulled a fast one. If you look at all the trials imho there’s no way their AD drug should have been licensed. But I’ll be standing first in line to get my malaria and dengue fever vaccines.

To quote Cliff Clavin, alcohol kills brain cells, but like the lion hunting the gazelle in Africa it only kills the older, slower, weaker ones. So when you drink, what is left is the stronger brain cells. Ergo, drinking makes you smarter.

To quote Cliff Clavin, alcohol kills brain cells, but like the lion hunting the gazelle in Africa it only kills the older, slower, weaker ones. So when you drink, what is left is the stronger brain cells. Ergo, drinking makes you smarter.

I like the way you think!

Back
Top Bottom