Need slip east of St. Lucie Lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scubawpb

Vessel Name
Tranquilo
Vessel Make
Tiara 37 open
I'm buying a 40' boat in Stuart. My home dock is in Ortona, near Labelle. Does anyone recommend a marina where I can store it until the St. Lucie Lock re-opens?

Good luck. Plan on anchoring out most of the time. You can find a night or two here and there but everything long term is full. You can anchor out in St Lucie River across from Sunset Bay along with about 3 dozen other boats in the same situation.
It seems Covid has stopped many boats from crossing over to the Bahamas this year. Plus the lock work.

Good luck. Plan on anchoring out most of the time. You can find a night or two here and there but everything long term is full. You can anchor out in St Lucie River across from Sunset Bay along with about 3 dozen other boats in the same situation.
It seems Covid has stopped many boats from crossing over to the Bahamas this year. Plus the lock work.

Look further north in Ft Pierce. There are 2 marinas that have both daily, monthly and long term dock-age. The new Ft Peirce City Marina also has floating piers.

Look further north in Ft Pierce. There are 2 marinas that have both daily, monthly and long term dock-age. The new Ft Peirce City Marina also has floating piers.

I tried them almost daily. No go monthly. We could get a week for about $850. The only place we found was Melbourne harbor marina.

If the OP can live with a simple mooring field, the new Jensen Beach mooring field had a few open balls left.

Slip East of St Lucie Lock

Check Sandpiper Bay Marina on the N St Lucie River. Doesn't seem to have a good web page, and is car dependent, but secure. It is inside the gates of a Club Med resort, but wasn't too expensive in early 2020.
Another you might try is Kennedy Point Marina in Titusville. Fixed docks, 3 to 4' off the water, but reasonably priced. Also car dependent, coded gates at the docks. Call Bruce at 321.383.0280. They had a couple of slips open last week.
Good luck. John Sage

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom