Hendo's Randall 35 Cray Boat complete rebuild, Perth, Western Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man I’m getting a Woody now, paint is fixen to happen, I know it’s gonna look great.

I’m going to make some rear and side enclosure curtains exactly like the below pic on my sailrite machine at home. What’s you’re thoughts on colours for the canvas? Black or beige.

View attachment 74665

People select black curtains yet disdain other-than-white hulls. :confused:

Back into the swing of it this afternoon with the emptying of the main cabin area and giving it a light vacuuming and tidy up ready for the upholstering process to begin. Can’t wait to get started on it. Should be a fairly quick process with almost all surfaces being covered in foam, fabric and Leatherette. It will be nice to spray glue and use a staple gun as opposed to sanding paint and primer.

IMG_0605.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg
IMG_0612.jpg
IMG_0613.jpg
IMG_0614.jpg
IMG_0616.jpg
IMG_0618.jpg
IMG_0617.jpg
IMG_0615.jpg

Custom Boat Creation, by Matt!

Simple... as that!!

Last edited:
Remember lots of ventilation, open up the boat, take frequent breaks for fresh air unless you want to get stoned.

Looking great Matt!!!

Avatar makes her look so very slender. What is her beam??

10 foot 2 inches mate.

OK mate! 10'2" beam... sounds good! TY for providing... That measured at her gunnels or waterline?

Her wlw as well as loa? What do you feel will be her air draft and water draft?

Not meaning to ask too many questions... no need to answer if you like not. Just trying to feed these numbers into my lil brain for best mind's eye visual of how she'll look at the splash, and then, sitting proud in the water. :D

Carry on boat builder fandango!! :thumb:

Last edited:
The interior is underway with some preparation works. I cut in a steel inspection door in the Port side wall so I can inspect the filler lines and the back of the filler necks for time to time. I then sanded it and took it downstairs to the paint area along with Flic’s wardrobe door then I moved on to sanding and cleaning up the dash/map reading area and the fwd cabin hatch. Amidst all of this happiness something sad happened. My compressor died. I bought her when I was a first year apprentice back in 1996 and it was secondhand from a tradesman then. Poor old girl had a great innings.

IMG_0626.jpg
IMG_0628.jpg
IMG_0627.jpg
IMG_0632.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg
IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0631.jpg

I bet the neighbors were happy, finally a rest from that compressor running all the time. Haha :)

What part died? The electric motor? Check with Home Depot or Harbor Freight or an online electric supply house.
Of course you might discover a 'will do for now' compressor while at Home Depot or Harbor Freight.
Thanks to foreign imports, a new compressor may be less expensive than repairing your current compressor.
No need for all work to stop because of a compressor UNLESS you are looking for a vacation.

OK mate! 10'2" beam... sounds good! TY for providing... That measured at her gunnels or waterline?

Her wlw as well as loa? What do you feel will be her air draft and water draft?

Not meaning to ask too many questions... no need to answer if you like not. Just trying to feed these numbers into my lil brain for best mind's eye visual of how she'll look at the splash, and then, sitting proud in the water. :D

Carry on boat builder fandango!! :thumb:

Mate mostly unknown measurements of draft at this stage. I can only surmise as I don’t know her exact weight. WLW is just under 10 foot. WLL could be around 37foot. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

What part died? The electric motor? Check with Home Depot or Harbor Freight or an online electric supply house.
Of course you might discover a 'will do for now' compressor while at Home Depot or Harbor Freight.
Thanks to foreign imports, a new compressor may be less expensive than repairing your current compressor.
No need for all work to stop because of a compressor UNLESS you are looking for a vacation.

Main power head I think. Ceased engine bearings at a guess. She’s had the slightest knock for around 12 months and the last 2 days has been slow to kick over then finally she stopped.

No one said anything about stopping. I have a back up compressor so the fun continues.

Mate mostly unknown measurements of draft at this stage. I can only surmise as I don’t know her exact weight. WLW is just under 10 foot. WLL could be around 37foot. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Thanks Matt - Your constant story [saga] is always helpful! Keep on keepen on! :thumb: - Art :D

Back
Top Bottom