Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-07-2021, 01:15 AM   #101
Guru
 
BruceK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
He's a beaut and shows his Halvorsen lineage. (Are your Dutch boats referred to as males?)

Looks a lot to me like the 32 Gourmet Picnic like Codger owned in SD with a FB. Show us some inside shots, VDZ!
Harrie might be translating. His English is way better than my(non existent)Dutch.
The 32 resembles the last IG32s too. Maybe different brands,but all from the Jiang Hua factory.
__________________
Advertisement

__________________
BruceK
2005 Integrity 386 "Sojourn"
Sydney Australia
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:24 AM   #102
Senior Member
 
Southern Boater's Avatar
 
City: Tasmania
Vessel Model: Sea Ranger 46
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Difficult as it`s the only one.I paid less in early 2020, but it`s a different market now. A roughly comparable and very good 2008 Clipper 40 (41ftLOA),with single, on my marina, sold in a week near its 380K ask to a Qld buyer who paid the 10% deposit before seeing it. It might do better in Sydney.
It will be interesting to see how it goes, although 1/3 of our marina has “mainland” boats as residents, as the owners summer homes.
The selling market is certainly strong, as with any leisure/lifestyle products.

I hope you folks are out enjoying Sojourn as much as possible
__________________

Southern Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:30 PM   #103
Guru
 
BruceK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Boater View Post
It will be interesting to see how it goes, although 1/3 of our marina has “mainland” boats as residents, as the owners summer homes.
The selling market is certainly strong, as with any leisure/lifestyle products.

I hope you folks are out enjoying Sojourn as much as possible
Wet windy weekends, and partner still working M-F,has made the last few weeks no go. Next weekend is not looking any better as yet.
I checked, the Integrity 386 in Hobart is already "Under Contract".
__________________
BruceK
2005 Integrity 386 "Sojourn"
Sydney Australia
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:37 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
Southern Boater's Avatar
 
City: Tasmania
Vessel Model: Sea Ranger 46
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Wet windy weekends, and partner still working M-F,has made the last few weeks no go. Next weekend is not looking any better as yet.
I checked, the Integrity 386 in Hobart is already "Under Contract".
The market is incredible currently, mind you it’s a very tidy boat
Southern Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:22 PM   #105
Hospitality Officer
 
Andy G's Avatar
 
City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,815
Yep, the market is very strong, a 40 Clipper berthed next to us at the Royal Motor sold in about three weeks, virtually at the asking price.

I would wait a while, I think in about a year or so, there will be a lot of these new purchases back on the market. Especially when we can all travel again. The lure of Aspen, or Verbier might tempt the new boating fraternity to liquidate the new toy in favour of a month or so in a winter wonderland.
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:43 AM   #106
Guru
 
BruceK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Boater View Post
The market is incredible currently, mind you it’s a very tidy boat
It`s had the headliner done too. That`s our winter job, ours is peeling and sticky. The Clipper 40 headliners die too, some were redone under warranty.
You could be right Andy, buy in haste, sell at leisure. The caravan/motorhome market is gangbusters too.
I`d be travelling south interstate(NOT Victoria) for a holiday, got a Jeststar(typo but Freudian slip too) voucher I need to spend, but more important to be around for my vax when available.
Another disgusting weather weekend in Sydney.....
__________________
BruceK
2005 Integrity 386 "Sojourn"
Sydney Australia
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:52 AM   #107
TF Site Team
 
City: Ex-Brisbane, now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
It`s had the headliner done too. That`s our winter job, ours is peeling and sticky. The Clipper 40 headliners die too, some were redone under warranty.
That's interesting. I always thought the new type of headliner was forever. Makes the flakey matt white paint job I had to restore on Lotus, (after 30 odd years), sound very easy. Masking the timber trim strips between the panels was the only tedious part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Another disgusting weather weekend in Sydney.....
Really. Well to be honest, the weather up here in SE Qld has been so nice for so long I'm sick of it. I want rain for the garden and lawn and to fill my tank.
__________________
Pete
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:19 AM   #108
Guru
 
BruceK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 11,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
That's interesting. I always thought the new type of headliner was forever. Makes the flakey matt white paint job I had to restore on Lotus, (after 30 odd years), sound very easy. Masking the timber trim strips between the panels was the only tedious part.


Really. Well to be honest, the weather up here in SE Qld has been so nice for so long I'm sick of it. I want rain for the garden and lawn and to fill my tank.
Swap you for your weather! My water tanks are full, well, they would be if one didn`t leak.
Neighbour`s new headliner for his Clipper 40 was $8K. Roof handrail etc comes off, panels come out, get recovered and glued...big job for a trimmer, but you painted yours, that`s good and it saves $$$. I would not trust the base of the peeling top layer, it really needs new vinyl, hoping to avoid rhinoceros scrotum pattern vinyl.
__________________
BruceK
2005 Integrity 386 "Sojourn"
Sydney Australia
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 02:15 AM   #109
TF Site Team
 
City: Ex-Brisbane, now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,598
Crikey. 8k for new headliner..? I had the whole hull of Lotus two-pack painted by a local marine paint specialist for that price a few years ago.
__________________
Pete
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:28 PM   #110
Swamp Commander Supreme
 
Wayfarer's Avatar
 
City: Oneida Lake, NY
Vessel Name: Sylphide
Vessel Model: Kingston Aluminum Yacht 44' Custom
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Swap you for your weather! My water tanks are full, well, they would be if one didn`t leak.
Neighbour`s new headliner for his Clipper 40 was $8K. Roof handrail etc comes off, panels come out, get recovered and glued...big job for a trimmer, but you painted yours, that`s good and it saves $$$. I would not trust the base of the peeling top layer, it really needs new vinyl, hoping to avoid rhinoceros scrotum pattern vinyl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Crikey. 8k for new headliner..? I had the whole hull of Lotus two-pack painted by a local marine paint specialist for that price a few years ago.
Actually that sounds like quite a bargain. I imagine it takes quite a few rhinoceroses to make a whole headliner.
__________________

__________________
Dave
Just be nice to each other, dammit.
The Adventures of Sylphide
Wayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Trawler Port Captains
Port Captains are TF volunteers who can serve as local guides or assist with local arrangements and information. Search below to locate Port Captains near your destination. To learn more about this program read here: TF Port Captain Program





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012
×