96 Mainship 350 Exhaust riser replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcward1

The original exhaust system in the 96 Mainship 350 / Caterpillar engine allowed water to back up into the exhaust system and damage the turbo system. I believe Mainship warrantied the problem and sent a new exhaust riser to be installed. Our Riser recently broke at the welded seam and appears to be past the point of repair. Does anyone know if that was a standard part that can be ordered or a part that needs to be fabricated. Any recommendations?

I have a '97 350 with the CAT. My riser is huge, all welded stainless steel and looks like a custom fab part. Don't know what yours looks like. I doubt you are going to be able to order it if it is like mine. But I would try checking on the internet for risers. I found one for my Perkins that was a perfect fit. I would also check with CAT, probably a dead end but you never know. They might know the fabricator. Let us know if you get a solution as I may be in the same boat someday.

Thanks for the reply. We found the paperwork on the warranty work. DeAngelo Marine Exhaust Inc made the replacement riser in 2000. However they don’t have the plan. If we send ours riser to them they can replicate it. We just re-welded all joints. Hopefully it will hold up!!

Back
Top Bottom