1979 marine trader 36 aft cabin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drummer79

Veteran Member
I know I'm doing this a lot, but I know you all know a ton more than me about this, and I value your input. here's yet another option, appears to me to be a solid boat, lots of custom fixing up inside, and apparently a charter boat of some sort, so hopefully it's maintained as such. Survey and sea trial of course, just seeking opinions, because there's a gross lack of pics of this one. https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/1979-marine-trader-36-aft-cabin-8052564/

Hard to help you there. As you say, no real close-ups of the vital parts, but looks ok from a general standpoint. If it's in charter - or has been recently - then that speaks well for the general over-all seaworthiness, but it could still have all the same issues that affected most of those boats over time, from leaking teak decks leading to water damage, rusting tanks, blisters, etc. But depending on feasibility, distance to travel, etc, possibly worth a look and maybe a survey..?

Needs the good old sniff test. Looking at the pictures of the custom interior woodwork, I wondered if they rebuilt the cabin walls/ceiling or just covered up the water damage after fiberglassing the decks.

Charlie is on to something here. A lot of teak interior pieces are replaced by knotty pine. As teak is frightfully expensive and pine is super cheap this is very odd.

Why no pictures of the engine room?

Definitely go take a look, if you can bring someone along who knows these old Taiwanese beauties do.

Back
Top Bottom