Trawler Forum

Trawler Forum (https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/)
-   -   Hull Shapes----Show us your girl's bottom (https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/hull-shapes-show-us-your-girls-bottom-4433.html)

Moonstruck 08-30-2011 08:14 AM

Hull Shapes----Show us your girl's bottom

1 Attachment(s)
This is mainly for Eric, who is a student of hull shapes.* This is the bottom of Moonstruck.* She carries a 16 degree deadrise to the transom.* This is great for following and quartering seas.* Gobs of power and a sleek hull shape makes for fast cruising.* There is nothing semi-displacement about this hull.

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 09:18:13 AM

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 09:20:15 AM

Codger2 08-30-2011 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Moonstruck wrote:
*This is the bottom of Moonstruck.** This is great for following and quartering seas.* Gobs of power and a sleek hull shape makes for fast cruising.
*OK, Don....That's about enough!* :steaming:

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 09:28:26 AM

dwhatty 08-30-2011 08:48 AM

Dear, get off of that copier! https://www.sparkimg.com/emoticons/disbelief.gif

-- Edited by dwhatty on Tuesday 30th of August 2011 09:48:34 AM

Nomad Willy 08-30-2011 08:54 AM

RE: Hull Shapes----Show us your girl's bottom

1 Attachment(s)
Well here's the whole banana. Wish I could of taken those jackstands down.

Ready to get back in the water.

And haulout after several years w $250 gal bottom paint. Not bad considering.

Moonstruck 08-30-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

nomadwilly wrote:
Well here's the whole banana. Wish I could of taken those jackstands down.

Ready to get back in the water.

And haulout after several years w $250 gal bottom paint. Not bad considering.
*That's a nice, round, smooth bottom on your girl, Eric.* Not bad at all.

Very efficient.

PS:* Just used 6 gal. of $250 bottom paint.

skipperdude 08-30-2011 09:24 AM

Hey Eric,

Have you ever run over any bow pickers gil nets.

I was coming into Eshamy bay and the place was full of bow pickers with cork floats and nets all over the place. With the light fading fast I couldn't see some of them. I almost ran right over a string of floats.*

I see there little tenders for the seiners with the skeg just drive over the nets. (They look like bathtubs with a motor.)

*Wondered if your boat would do the same.

That prop looks well protected.

SD*

markpierce 08-30-2011 12:01 PM

The Coot doesn't mind showing its bare*bottom.

https://www.trawlerforum.com/attachme...9aa70b148d.jpg

https://www.trawlerforum.com/attachme...1dcf6a501d.jpg

Keith 08-30-2011 12:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Before and afters.

Moonstruck 08-30-2011 12:46 PM

Mark, I hate to say this, but those hard chines at the steel transom makes your girl a little hard assed.* She probably makes up for it in other ways though.https://www.sparkimg.com/emoticons/biggrin.gif

markpierce 08-30-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Moonstruck wrote:
Mark, I hate to say this, but those hard chines at the steel transom makes your girl a little hard assed.* She probably makes up for it in other ways though.https://www.sparkimg.com/emoticons/biggrin.gif
*Don, hard is fine, especially if it is ample.

healhustler 08-30-2011 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A Manatee (at least from the waterline down) is voluptuous and curvy. *You couldn't find a flat spot on her anywhere other than the keel. *These were from the last bottom paint.

Besslb 08-30-2011 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here she is....and found out today for sure, she is safe and sound!!!!

healhustler 08-30-2011 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Besslb wrote:
*That's great to know! *She's one of the good ones, and it would have been a shame to see something happen to it.

**I Photoshopped the shadow out of this shot of Skinny Dippin so we could see the hull shape a bit better.

Moonstruck 08-30-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Besslb wrote:
*Great news.* I heard today from another Sabre owner that took their boat to River Dunes.* They said all was well with all boats there.* I have another Sabre owner at Spooners Creek below Morehead City.* Still waiting to see how he came out.

Besslb 08-30-2011 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another with the tape still on..

Moonstruck 08-30-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Besslb wrote:
*Bess,

It looks like the fine bow woud be good in a head sea.* The reversed chines and flair should deflect spray.

Moonstruck 08-30-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

healhustler wrote:
A Manatee (at least from the waterline down) is voluptuous and curvy. *You couldn't find a flat spot on her anywhere other than the keel. *These were from the last bottom paint.
*It was hard to tell beause of the black bottom paint, but is that a slight cup near the rear of the hull?

healhustler 08-30-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Moonstruck wrote:healhustler wrote:
*It was hard to tell beause of the black bottom paint, but is that a slight cup near the rear of the hull?

*Hmmm. *I don't think so, by "cup" you are referring to a slight reverse curve downward. Definitely a lessening positive curve right up to the transom, but no cup. *Let me see if I can find a shot of someone else's boat with some lighter paint.

Besslb 08-30-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Moonstruck wrote:Besslb wrote:
*Bess,

It looks like the fine bow woud be good in a head sea.* The reversed chines and flair should deflect spray.

*Hmmm......yes and no.* She handles*very nicely*in a head sea, she tracks well.* (Tom will argue, watch)* But in our chop on the Neuse, we still get a good spray.* Once, on our move from Carolina Beach back to the Neuse, we actually took*spray on the flybridge!* But it's the*Neuse, it's choppy!

Moonstruck 08-30-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Besslb wrote:Moonstruck wrote:Besslb wrote:
*Bess,

*Hmmm......yes and no.* She handles*very nicely*in a head sea, she tracks well.* (Tom will argue, watch)* But in our chop on the Neuse, we still get a good spray.* Once, on our move from Carolina Beach back to the Neuse, we actually took*spray on the flybridge!* But it's the*Neuse, it's choppy!

*Yep, been there a few times.* If there is any place that the chop is nastier than the Chesapeake, it's the Neuse.* I had a neighbor and customer that was the commanding general Cherry Point MCAS.* His home was straight in from the Pamlico.* He said that he rebuilt his sea wall 3 times, and was glad to move to Signal Mountain.

In a short chop with especially a side wind, nothing I know of will hold down spray..