Who made this sprayer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkearney99

Guru
Vessel Name
Solstice
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
Anyone know the maker of the hand shower Grand Banks used on the transom? The one on our 2005 EB47 split this past winter and I want to replace it.

But the part# (20171248) and logo aren't familiar. The hardware looks like a Scandvik?

I may punt and replace both this handle and the attachment point for it in the transom. The sunken collar that's in there now makes is a bit of a hassle to grab the top of this sprayer.

Attachments

• sprayer from cockpit.jpg
    sprayer from cockpit.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 52
Try calling Scandvik. They have a distributor in Florida. I dealt with them last year and they were very responsive.

Looks like Scandvik . I have one very similar . Mine is the Euro model I think. I took it out because it didn’t have a shut off on handle and was kinda awkward to use.

The socket for this kinda looks like this model. The flapper has been long-since missing on our setup, and the inside of the socket is deeper than appears in this picture (could be from previous damage or something).

It's really a hassle trying to dig in there with wet hands to pry the sprayer out.

https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=26989

Attachments

• 502366[1].jpg
    502366[1].jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 153
Looks like Scandvik . I have one very similar . Mine is the Euro model I think. I took it out because it didn’t have a shut off on handle and was kinda awkward to use.

Our setup has separate spigot handles for the hot and cold, and they're accessible and working reasonably well.

Attachments

• cockpit port hatch.jpg
    cockpit port hatch.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I’ll look at mine when I go home for lunch. I believe mine has or had a lanyard on the handle. Something about it was awkward to use and I replaced the entire unit with something much cheaper.

Here’s mine. It’s a Scandvik. I remember why we took it out . This is a cockpit shower and I tried to use it as our main shower. You have to hold button in while using it. It’s great for rinsing off but not so good as main shower head.

Attachments

• 67ACCDB6-24C0-40AC-A5EA-F8947FFDD2BF.jpg
    67ACCDB6-24C0-40AC-A5EA-F8947FFDD2BF.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 26
  • CACFF46A-7BCB-434A-A50D-EACF13F2EF79.jpg
    CACFF46A-7BCB-434A-A50D-EACF13F2EF79.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom