Well Dad Tried His Best! Calling The Police On Some Whales!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53

Last edited:
Great story. Dad`s assessment the whales meant no harm was right, even if I did hear the "F" word at the end.
Here`s a little story of a whale rescue earlier this week. Maybe the word gets around between whales.

Great story. Dad`s assessment the whales meant no harm was right, even if I did hear the "F" word at the end.
Here`s a little story of a whale rescue earlier this week. Maybe the word gets around between whales.

Read about that on the BBC. Seems they wanted to fine him big for breaking the rules on approaching whales. Can't imagine that they will go through with that! From what I read the authorities were called and after a couple of hours they hadn't showed up.

Last edited:
Greetings,
IF that woman was his wife, I'd question his sanity for ever getting past their first date. That encounter was a once in a lifetime occurrence IMO. Think of the kids who had a fantastic opportunity to see this having their positive experience completely trashed by the wacko woman. They'll (the kids) probably be afraid of whales (Cetaphobia: https://www.fearof.net/fear-of-whales-phobia-cetaphobia/) for the rest of their lives. Shame on that woman.

200w.webp

Last edited:
RT, you're hitting a bit close to home. There's a running joke in our house...

Way back in '06 or so, we came across a pod of humpbacks in the middle of the Bay of Fundy, probably 30-40 miles off the Maine coast. We stopped to watch. Obviously we're not supposed to approach them, but after a while they did approach us.

Two of them headed straight for the boat. They dove just as it seemed they were going to hit us. We were in a 28' boat. My wife panicked.

My wife had the camera. This was before cell-phone cameras. The punch line is, we can't prove this encounter happened, since she was too busy panicking to take what would have been a once-in-a-lifetime photo.

Some people really fool you by walking upright...

The whales were people watching

She probably wanted the whales ticketed for coming so close to the boat! Oh, and I never saw any registration stickers on the bow of those whales either! Another citation in the making . . .:nonono:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom