Website for Blog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceancrosser

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Kristine
Vessel Make
DeFever 53 POC
I have a paid subscription to Siteground to support our blog however since the Covid shutdown, we are not cruising.

Does anyone have a better solution to post blog comments?

Thanks,

Rusty

I have used Wix free websites and somewhat familiar with them.
Built my Bacchus website there... https://dkloeber.wixsite.com/bacchus

I wasn't interested in adding the blog feature but it's there if desired.

When I wanted to share an extended 2019 cruise I considered a few options... The Wix Bacchus site, Nebo (used by looprrs) but settled on BlueBoatLog.com

Links to our 2019 Georgian Bay Cruise are found on the Bacchus site under Cruising Notes.
What I liked about BBL was it had a tracking feature that automatically included a track of our daily travels, it let's you add photos & commentary. By linking the daily trips together I was able to build a multi- day / week / month excursion with one link that those friends & relatives I chose to share it with could follow along as THEY chose w/o me sending periodic messages, photos, etc. It works on android & apple devices as well as from a laptop. I much preferred entering/ editing text from a real key board.
I have experimented a little with BBL when traveling over the road and it seemed to work that way as well. The developer seemed very interested and responsive to comments & suggestions

I'm pleased with both of these free resources but like and use them to satisfy different needs. Most others reported it was an easy way to follow along as often/ seldom as they chose.

Back
Top Bottom