Wash down connection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrandWood

1972 GB36 woodie, this is a pic of the wash down connection on the side of the house, it’s not familiar to me, anyone know what type of connection I need to hook up to this one, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1254.jpeg
    IMG_1254.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 32
I hope very much I'm wrong about this, but I don't think that's going to work.
I have the exact fitting and the correct parts are almost impossible to find for this older style of fitting. This older style socket has two pins to lock the connector in, while the current one listed on all the sites has three locking pins.
When we tried to source a replacement connector almost four years ago, we ran into the same issue. In many cases, the images found on websites show a two pin part, but what you invariably get is made for three pins. I sent back half a dozen connectors before I found somebody that new old stock and sold me the last three of the correct two pin connectors ( We've got them for the anchor washdown and the freshwater washdown in the stern ). You're probably going to have to call a bunch of different suppliers and see if they can actually lay hands on the parts and check the pin count.

I guess we'll know for sure when your parts get there, but unless you can find someone else with the old parts, you may find it easier to just buy a whole new socket/connector set.

I hope very much I'm wrong about this, but I don't think that's going to work.
I have the exact fitting and the correct parts are almost impossible to find for this older style of fitting. This older style socket has two pins to lock the connector in, while the current one listed on all the sites has three locking pins.
When we tried to source a replacement connector almost four years ago, we ran into the same issue. In many cases, the images found on websites show a two pin part, but what you invariably get is made for three pins. I sent back half a dozen connectors before I found somebody that new old stock and sold me the last three of the correct two pin connectors ( We've got them for the anchor washdown and the freshwater washdown in the stern ). You're probably going to have to call a bunch of different suppliers and see if they can actually lay hands on the parts and check the pin count.

I guess we'll know for sure when your parts get there, but unless you can find someone else with the old parts, you may find it easier to just buy a whole new socket/connector set.
Yes sir I found that out when it arrived, will not go in socket, have to order the whole dang kit, and have a spare. Is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom