truth in advertising

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColonyCove

Vessel Name
The Blue Comet
Vessel Make
Nordic Tugs/ NT32
When you are lead to believe you are buying American.
PRlpney

PRlpney.jpg

LOL!!!!! An old marketing trick! Make you think you're buying something different from what you actually are!

They're not 'technically' lying. It doesn't say 'MADE in the USA'. It's just the 'USA' brand, made in China. Just like almost everything else sold in this country these days.

Thanks for the morning laughs!

Just don't tell me your new (to you) Tug was made in China as well! LOL.

Just don't tell me your new (to you) Tug was made in China as well! LOL.

Well, I understand that the Nordic Tugs are all built in the USA, but then again I look at the knife and wonder. :ermm:

You can't tell from the pic, maybe it's really something to eat off of (China):D, but it's really made in the USA! It doesn't say "Made In" anywhere, does it?

Years ago Japan renamed a city Usa and labelled "stuff Made in Usa. That didn't last long....

IIRC, there is also a ratio out here that allows manufacturers to label Made in USA if they import pieces parts and assembled in the USA (with some pieces parts made here).

FWIW, ebay has a check box on the left column, which among other locations calls out "North America" or USA. As good as this is, it's only that the item (and vendor) is located in USA. They can stock "stuff" from anywhere......

Back
Top Bottom