Tradewinds 37

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Martin Hardy

Hi everyone.

My name is Martin and I'm new to the Trawler Forum.

I've recently brought a 37 Tradewinds which I believe was build in 1983. I can't seem to find too much about the boats, particularly the 37.

Could anyone pass on some knowledge?

Kind regards,

Martin

Hi Martin and welcome,

If its the one under contract at Church Point then I think you are off to a flying start.

Dont be too worried if there isn`t much info on your boat - during the eighties moulds were passed around to many builders in Taiwan and some built different "brands" on the same production line - Belmont/Kingswood/Premier style (if you are old enough to remember that?:D

The great positive is you have joined the Lehman "club" which means it is a cut above boats built of that era that weren`t so equipped:hide::whistling::).............................

With a bit of luck someone from the forum might be able to recognise if it resembles any other boat of that era, which might narrow down your research a tad.

Saw it online too. Searches suggest that,at least in USA,the words "Marine Trader"(in Australia MTs were sold as "Clipper")get coupled with Tradewinds. Especially on TF, try searching using "Tradewinds" on TF. A distinguishing Tradewinds feature for me is the cabin teak "arches".
Twin 80hp Ford Lehmans are good to have, as Brisyboy says. The boat has its project issues but any owner who puts canvas covers over teak rails likes their boat.
Viewed externally, the cabin design looks a bit "Cheoy Lee". It`s not the only Sydney "Tradewinds", and it`s definitely a "Taiwanese Trawler".

Back
Top Bottom