This may roast your nuts!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Mounted properly? LOL FB_IMG_1635621364196.jpg

In addition to frying your brain, the perspective would be off 180 degrees. What's now to port with appear on the screen to starboard.

Ted

Mounted to avoid rain clutter.
as to the reading port on starboard, not, the screen is also upside down.

I don't even like running mine which is on the mast behind the flybridge.

But think how nice the logos will stay being out of the weather and sun….if anyone can still see.

I saw one this summer, but not quite so silly. The guy had an old radar dome installed, then 3 feet in front of it (on a hardtop) was the new radar.

Works fine in Australia !!

In refit I had a my Garmin fantom 18 radar installed. While out on the great pond I noticed the boat on my port side appeared on my starboard side, according to radar. Posted why this was happening the electronics section of the Hull Truth only to be told my dome was probably back to front.

When I told my refit guy, he said he'd stake a look at it. When I saw him a week later I asked if the radar was on backwards, he said no, the boat was turned the wrong way at installation..... lol.

In refit I had a my Garmin fantom 18 radar installed. While out on the great pond I noticed the boat on my port side appeared on my starboard side, according to radar. Posted why this was happening the electronics section of the Hull Truth only to be told my dome was probably back to front.

When I told my refit guy, he said he'd stake a look at it. When I saw him a week later I asked if the radar was on backwards, he said no, the boat was turned the wrong way at installation..... lol.

Your post shows why the OP may actually display correctly as long as it is
upside down and backward! Radar is basically 2D for surface use. :facepalm:

Needed a little extra bridge clearance!

Furthermore, the roof's SS tubing structure partially blocks its view. :facepalm:

Normal pleasure craft RADARs do not put out enough power to hurt you, or cause damage. You would have to straddle that thing for weeks to do any damage. RADHAZ zones for those are in the inches. The new digital ones are even safer. But in saying that, it still creeps me out being that close to one. 30 years of Navy life have had it's toll on me. Lol!

But yeah, what a dumb install. Hope he was just doing that for a photo op. I see cables run to it though, so I think he is just a FU.

No problem. Radar wavelengths are non-ionizing, they just heat the skin surface. Your nuts are safe.

Back
Top Bottom