This afternoon’s entertainment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lollygag1

Guru
Vessel Name
Lollygag
Vessel Make
34 Mainship Pilot Hardtop
Some poor soul managed to beach their boat fairly high up the sandbar yesterday. SEATOw waited till high tide to try and pull them off. 2 tow boats and 3 hrs later no progress. Tide will start falling soon so the window will close. Wonder what plan B is

that's a shame. sooner or later most folks bump the bottom. a sandbar is about the softest way to do it. i imagine plan b will depend on how big the boat is, and how high tomorrows tide is. also it depends what resources are available nearby. hope this doesn't get too expensive for them.

What type of boat, and where is it located? Any pics? Thanks

Have seen them place large reinforced air bags under boats and then inflate them. Apparently the smooth slippery surface of the airbags allows the vessel to be pulled off without damage. If there is damage keeps it afloat. Also all running gear is no longer embedded and subject to damage.
Saw it done at anagata BVI to a 50’ plus cat and again to a small tramp or survey vessel (didn’t get that close) wedged on rocks in the grenadines.

Could be tough if they beached at the extra high tides we have had the past few days.

The boat was still there as of 3:30. It is approx 24’. It is located on the bar at Potters Cove in a tough spot as it is it is a generally shallow spot. My guess is they were coming in to the beach and someone mistakenly goosed the throttle and the boat shot up the bar.

It was very crowded there so did not head over. Perhaps tomorrow they can get in and refloat when there are not so many boats in the area

If you like the boat... make an offer... they might take IT!!

Honestly - I wish them well!

Back
Top Bottom