Strataglass vs Eisenglass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our front panel works the same way. No smiley. Whole panel out, or lower three zippers off with the lower panel end lifted up and pinned to hardtop.

-Chris

Yup, that is how ours is. That way when we are underway we can put all 3 panels up and not have anything in our sight lines.

Thought mine was EZ2CY, but it's Clear2Sea uv. I looked at their advertising and they make a big deal about UV protection. Never really thought about it, but if one product if better than another for UV protection, that's a good thing and something to consider.

Last edited:
Thought mine was EZ2CY, but it's Clear2Sea uv. I looked at their advertising and they make a big deal about UV protection. Never really thought about it, but if one product if better than another for UV protection, that's a good thing and something to consider.

Clear2Sea is acrylic based.

Due to the need for new enclosure, I've been looking at a boat in the marina and his "plastic/vinyl" (whatever it is) has gone from clear, to lightly cloudy, to now brownig. He bought the boat in the last year and doesn't know what materials he has. Interesting how quickly I noticed the degradation.

Last edited:
When it gets close to the end of life it deteriorates quickly.

And becomes quite brittle so it cracks when rolled up.

On some old canvas panels that were on the boat when we bought it, a previous boat, my wife was rolling it up and it cracked and sounded like a gun went off. It was early in the morning but it certainly woke me up.

When I first bought my boat I was foolish enough to swat a fly on it. The whole section shattered. :eek::mad::banghead:

We.learned that on our initial trip. Tried to roll up the vinyl on a cool morning before the sun came up and two of them cracked. Learned to wait until the sun warmed them up befor rolling. Soon after that they were all removed and put in the garage where they degraded even more and are no longer usable.

Back
Top Bottom