Sanitation Hose replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All good ideas. I'm going to replace my hose and macerator.
I was thinking of putting a ball valve in line before and after the macerator to make future pump changes easier. Any thoughts?

Wise idea if you have the space to install them. As to macerator, I highly recommend you consider the SeaLand. Cost is greater and so is the life time of the unit.

Does the sealand pump macerate? I didn't realize it did.

Does the sealand pump macerate? I didn't realize it did.

It's not necessary to macerate waste. By the time the waste travels to the holding tank it has been macerated by the toilet and is a slurry.

The bellow in the Sealand mushes the waste while pumping.

+1 for the SeaLand SaniPUmp. SeaLand T-Series Pump at Defender I had one on one of my own boats that was 11 years old and still going strong when I sold the boat.

And btw...it's identical to the VacuFlush S-pump with one exception: only one inbound duckbill valve and one outbound duckbill.

As for installing ball valves before and after the pump...no need for either one if there's a y-valve in the tank discharge line...no need for it after the pump unless it pumps uphill to the thru-hull. Mounting the pump above the tank eliminates the need for shutoff valves whether there's a y-valve ahead of it nor not.

--Peggie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom