Replacing Refrigerator on 2004 Mainship 430

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Surboum

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Mainship 430
Has anyone replaced the 110V refrigerator/freezer on their Maninship 430 with a dual voltage (12V and 110V) refrigerator/freezer? What brand did you go with? How much did it cost? How difficult was it to do?

Isn't the fridge there now a Nova Kool?? If so, the dimensions are odd and I think your option is another Nova Kool fridge. It should be fairly easy to replace.

The current refrigerator is the original GE refrigerator installed by MS. Runs only on AC. I want to replace with an AC/DC refrigerator/freezer.

I have. Send me a PM with your email or phone number and I can tell you what I installed and how to do it.

I have. Send me a PM with your email or phone number and I can tell you what I installed and how to do it.

Please feel free to keep in the forum where others can benefit from the same information and discussion.

The current refrigerator is the original GE refrigerator installed by MS. Runs only on AC. I want to replace with an AC/DC refrigerator/freezer.

Mainship didn't install an AC only fridge.

Mainship didn't install an AC only fridge.

I beg to differ. I have the original spec sheet for my 2003 430 and it lists a GE household refrigerator, AC only.

I had a Nova Kool on my MS 400 AC/DC and it ran great. I did have a problem with it, the cooling fan wouldn't run. I called them and they sold me a new fan. Nova Kool's can be repaired easily and they seem to be very reliable.

Back
Top Bottom