Raycor help, where to start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apagano

Veteran Member
Engines running fine,both fuel tanks half full but on of my fuel lines below my Raycors is empty,whereto start ?
I have twin Lehmans 120 and I am running 500 series turbo Racors, 2 sets.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank You

The line on left with arrow is empty fuel line.
The line with the bulb id filled with fuel

Attachments

• IMG_3213.jpg
    IMG_3213.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 64
Assume fuel supply valve and return to tank are open?

I can't really tell what is going on from the pictures.

I'd start by creating a drawing showing the fuel path from the tanks to the engine lifter pumps including all if the valves/manifolds, filters, drain, connections, etc, in between.

Then I'd do the same from the engine return rail back to the tanks, or, if you prefer, from the tanks to the engine return lines.

It is too hard to understand the system confidentially without that or without enough pictures to create that.

If the engines are running fine and you have two /pairs/ of filters, I'd guess that the engines are getting fuel. So, I'd further guess that the air in the line is in a path that isn't presently being used for fuel supply or fuel return. So, I'd further guess that it is associated with the supply or return to a filter that has been removed from the supply loop by the present valve/manifold configuration and that the air is also trapped or unmotivated to.move by the closed valve(s) or associated restriction in fuel flow.

Getting the air out probably means setting the correct valve configuration for that purpose and then bleeding the air, bleeding as much as possible near then filter or tank and the rest at the engine, as needed.

Last edited:
I see a closed valve between the two lines. I can’t see enough to know what is going on.

Doesn't it seem odd those are clear hoses, likely not fuel rated?

But maybe OK if they're just for priming?

-Chris

Looks like they might be priming hose loops.

That's what I see. Open the valve to prime them and then close the valve and possibly drain the fuel out.

Ted

Yes, I don’t know of any fuel rated hose that is clear.

The one on the right has an outboard priming bulb attached for priming. Can’t tell on the left side but possibly?

Yes, I don’t know of any fuel rated hose that is clear.

There are in fact, fuel rated hoses that are clear, or some tint like blue or green.
I don’t know if there are hoses like this that are marine rated though. Without any chafe resistance a would doubt it. But for a priming loop, I’d use clear so I could see the air bubbles.

Fuel primer set…. Have one on my dual Raycor.

Attachments

• FFA608AA-7363-47C1-BFD3-D55C1DDAA2A1.jpeg
    FFA608AA-7363-47C1-BFD3-D55C1DDAA2A1.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom