Radar mount needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2savage

Vessel Name
Savage
Vessel Make
Seaton 50 expedition trawler
I'm adding a second radar system but can't find a mount that will work. I'm adding a Furuno four foot open array and want to mount it on my fore mast which is steel and about 6" in diameter.

Is there a mount on the market that will fit or will I have to have one custom fabricated?

i bet you'll need to have one fabricated. that's a fairly large radar for an off the shelf mast mount.

Seaview has ready made mounts for Furuno and other radar manufacturers. They do custom as well. We used them to make a custom mount for our Furuno DRS4W. Fit perfectly.

https://www.seaviewglobal.com/

Attachments

• mast mount.PNG
    mast mount.PNG
    62 KB · Views: 5
durpa durpa... I saw "mast" and immediately went to sailboats... hahaha, was wondering how/why you would want an open array on a sailboat!!! :)

So, that being said, there are tons of mounts that should work for you. Can you mount it on top, or does it need to "clamp on" the the mast? I think that might be your only limiting factor. On top would be the easiest and tons of options. Clamp-on you're going to need to get creative. The one I sent above from Hodges might still be a good option, especially at that price! :)

I need to measure but the mast is around 7" to 8" diameter. The eBay offering may work but would need the mast mount modified accordingly. $165 shipping? Well, I guess its heavy. I am assuming it is made of aluminum. If so, it could work.

I need to measure but the mast is around 7" to 8" diameter. The eBay offering may work but would need the mast mount modified accordingly. $165 shipping? Well, I guess its heavy. I am assuming it is made of aluminum. If so, it could work.

I don't think the Ebay one is big enough for a 6' scanner. Its only 32'' from platform to where it would attach to mast
Edit" just saw you had 4' array.. It should work

Back
Top Bottom