Pump out fitting diameter Mainship 430

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Derek

Vessel Name
Donna Mae
Vessel Make
2005 Mainship 430
I am heading out in 2 weeks to introduce my wife to our newly acquired 430. Wanted to grab a couple must haves and couldn’t recall the size of the pump out fitting I need. Thanks!

The standard size of deck pumpout fittings in the US is 1.25" diameter. across the threaded opening. The thread count varies with the age of your boat...pre 1980 it's 16 TPI (threads per inch), around 1984or '85, the standard changed to 11 TPI and has stayed there ever since.

--Peggie

Thx Peggy. Btw, I just received and read your book and learned a few things. It is now packed in a box to take on board for reference in a couple weeks as we begin our migration south from Virginia. Thanks for all you do.

Wanted to grab a couple must haves and couldn’t recall the size of the pump out fitting I need.

You're going to carry your own threaded pump out fitting? Most pump outs have the fittings. If they don't, they use a universal.

What you going to do with it once you get done pumping out? The pump out facility usually throws it in a bucket of water and sanitizer.

I treat it like spares. Always prefer to have an extra on hand if needed.

I carry one in a zip lock bag. Only get it out after I have gloved up.

I treat it like spares. Always prefer to have an extra on hand if needed.

Again.....spare for what? Are you expecting to find a pump out facility that can't pump out a boat? Spares are for when something breaks and you need to replace it. You're opting to use you're personal equipment over theirs.

This would be like carrying a spare fuel nozzle.....just in case.

In my entire life, I have NEVER needed to carry one of these on board.

Again.....spare for what? Are you expecting to find a pump out facility that can't pump out a boat? Spares are for when something breaks and you need to replace it. You're opting to use you're personal equipment over theirs.

This would be like carrying a spare fuel nozzle.....just in case.

In my entire life, I have NEVER needed to carry one of these on board.

I've given serious thought to carrying one. I've run across self-service municipal pumpouts where the adapter had wandered away at some point, leaving the pumpout unusable unless you had your own.

It would be a rarely used item, but occasionally necessary.

Most of the pumpout facilities I frequent are do-it-yourself and the rubber adapters are in poor shape or just missing. Using the screw in adapter means I don't have to struggle to maintain a vacuum. I already have gloves on so it's not a big deal to clean it afterwards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom