Prop Information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Hey TF,

Educate me please. I had a diver remove both my props. I got them back and they look pretty. So on the end of the prop (May have to zoom in) it states:

Prop Scan with a number "TMP 3292" I looked it up and it appears this company tunes and refurbish props.

On the shaft of the prop it states:

Hung Shen

26LH25

Taiwan

I have counter rotation props.

So the numbers with Prop Scan is the ID number for a company that fixes props.

The Hung Shen is the original manufacture ID.

Can someone educate me on the numbers please?

Attachments

• IMG_8100.jpg
    IMG_8100.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8101.jpg
    IMG_8101.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8104.jpg
    IMG_8104.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 36
Don't know the meaning of the numbers but I used Prop Scan here in JAX on my last boat to bring the props back to spec and they did an awesome job.

Don't know the meaning of the numbers but I used Prop Scan here in JAX on my last boat to bring the props back to spec and they did an awesome job.

OK so that part solved. The boat's life has been California before we got here. Is there a Prop scan in California? Long way to Florida to fix props.

Prop Scan is the technology, not the name of the companies that use it.

So if you Google Prop Scan AND California you will see a good number boat repair firms that use it.

I believe they list the diameter first, therefore

26 inch diameter, left hand rotation, 25 inch pitch

The prop scan number looks like a serial number they assigned to that prop. If you contact them they should be able to get you a print out of what they did to the prop. I will attach my prop scans for one of my props, before and after.

Attachments

• LEFT HAND BEFORE.pdf
    913.2 KB · Views: 44
  • LEFT HAND AFTER.pdf
    913.7 KB · Views: 26
Agreed, the 26LH25 and 26RH25 marks would indicate 26" diameter, 25" pitch, left and right hand rotation, respectively.

They are pretty. Mount them on a wall and they will stay pretty. If you put them in the water, they tarnish and get beat up. Much longer life mounted in your "man cave"

pete

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom