Parts for Northern Lights 5KW M643

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grahamdouglass

Vessel Name
Summer Wind 1
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 41
I have a Northern Lights 5kw genset M643 that was commissioned in February of 2000. I need a new radiator filler cap and I was quoted $36 plus $45 Fedex delivery for $81 CAD. I think that's a little crazy for a filler cap. The reason I am replacing it is that the spring rusted off of the cap.

This cap looks pretty standard. Will any filler cap do? Could I go down to Lordco or Canada Tire and size one up?

What are your thoughts on this.

Yes, as long as it fits and is the same pressure rating any auto parts store should be able to find a generic replacement.

David

If you have the OEM part number, the auto parts store should be able to cross reference it into their brand. Over the years, I have recorded the generic equivalents of many of the parts. Not only does this save money, but it makes the parts easier to find. Onan is known for literally scratching out the original manufacturer's part numbers to prevent customers from finding the "real" numbers. In my case, some parts are no longer available from Onan, but can still be readily had aftermarket.

Daniel

Back
Top Bottom