nouveau membre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stepi-k

Bonjour de Toulon France

Can anyone help me tell how to bleed the hydraulique system off capilano helm 250V please.
Thank you very much

Welcome aboard. Here is the owner manual.

Attachments

• capilano_steering_instructions.pdf
    94.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Welcome aboard, Stepi-K!

Bonjour, bien venue !

Do you also have a lower helm ?

I had to bleed my system last summer after installing 2 new pumps, it is a bit of work, but not too complicated. It basically comes down to adding oil and then turning the steering wheel continuously from full port to full starboard. Whatever you do, don't stop turning the wheel. As soon as you stop the oil will start coming out of the pump.
While you turn the wheel you will have to make sure the oil level in the pump does not drop. If it does then add more oil.
In all it took about 30 min of constant turning port to starboard and while you are doing that you will feel the resistance increasing and you will need less turns from full port to full starboard.
When you are satisfied you close the pump up again and as an advise I would say: use the steering for a couple of days (when you are out on the water) and then repeat the procedure. That way you will get the last air out of the system.

It is of course possible that there is an internal leakage of the pump. If you feel you are up to it you can search in this forum for a topic on an overhaul. It had pictures, very good explanation, but it is not easy.
If you want to put new pumps instead of continuing with the old pumps you can opt for the Capilano 1250V. They are basically identical, fit to your system, just remove the non return valve near the steering unit in the lazarette or ER (wherever you have that unit).
If you need a pump, I have 2 brand new 1250 V's. Bought them last year, wanted to install them, but then one member offered me his 250 V's, so bought them as well. The 250V's are now installed and the 1250 V's are spares.

Bienvenue sur les Trawler Forums.

J'espère que tu trouveras les réponses à tes questions.

Welcome to the TF

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom