New member with recent interest for Trawlers after 50 years of sailing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tjome

I'm a Swede operating out of Stockholm and switched to motorboating last summer. I have a Targa 27.1 that I enjoy spending some time on. Sadly the Targa is a bit too small for longer time at sea, therefore I'm looking for a bigger boat. I really like the Grand Banks 42 and 46 Classic versions. Hope to find good information and perhaps tips on the Trawler forum. Cheers!

I'm a Swede operating out of Stockholm and switched to motorboating last summer. I have a Targa 27.1 that I enjoy spending some time on. Sadly the Targa is a bit too small for longer time at sea, therefore I'm looking for a bigger boat. I really like the Grand Banks 42 and 46 Classic versions. Hope to find good information and perhaps tips on the Trawler forum. Cheers!
Welcome aboard the TF, Tjome!

You have good taste in boats, as the GB classics are beautiful and well-built. Unfortunately, they tend to age poorly unless scrupulously maintained. The common pain points are decks, windows, fuel tanks and electrical systems. Keeping up with the brightwork is a separate conversation entirely, having nothing to do with how well the rest of the boat has been cared for (although a GB with gleaming brightwork could be the dictionary illustration of a yacht in "Bristol" condition).

If you must have a GB, find one whose previous owners have maintained it with an open checkbook. Then be prepared to do the same.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. What type of boating do you intend doing? Where would you like to travel? How many people? How long will you stay out?

I don't wish to dissuade you from GB but Europe has a much larger variety of boat styles than North America. Perhaps a canal boat or a cabin cruiser would suit your needs.

Back
Top Bottom