new boat designs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Retired. Crabber

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Rumpus van puffy bun
Vessel Make
Vashon 23
Ivan Basargin in homer Alaska builds boats has anyone ever asked some of the small manufacturers if they could make a mould for the yacht market. A quick search will show there are lots of small boat producers domestically. It’s possible they could easily compete with China and turkey for small boats. A little research will reveal the level of talent in Alaska. Not being a production boat but finished by the owner should be way cheaper than the 200k plus range for small pleasure boats. Just an idea but if the community decides on some hulls to pull from that suit the hobby could be a fun experience. Then again the trawler community is pretty traditional and there plenty of that on the market. Is this sight Chinese every time I talk about people buying Chinese boats my posts are removed I’m about done here lol wannabes

Last edited:
....Is this sight Chinese every time I talk about people buying Chinese boats my posts are removed I’m about done here lol wannabes
This response is really in reference to your "wtf" thread that seems to have been deleted.

A bit of well intentioned advice. There are quite a few here with commercial or military backgrounds. You're not the only one. Most have figured out how to fit in. A recently retired Bearing sea cap is a great example. Settle down, recognize this is a recreational boating community and enjoy the ride! Lots of good info and insight here. And unfortunately some not so good. With your background, skills and knowledge you are in a postilion to contribute a great deal.

Take it easy greazy you gotta long way to slide

It's easy to make a small fortune building boats. Just start with a big one. I'm pretty sure most Alaskans (and most of us outsiders as well) have figured that out. Hence the dearth of domestic manufacturers.

Pete

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom