Music favs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's get a little psychedelic with the Allman Brothers Band with Eric Clapton. Did you ever wonder why Eric Clapton named his yacht Blue Guitar? I think you will find the answer here.

Last edited:
Let's slow down the tempo with Bonnie Raitt accompanied by Bruce Hornsby.

Speaking of Clapton, here is one of, if not my favorite, of his. Good video too.

Getting back to my roots with one of my favorite Blue Grass groups, Balsam Range. Here they are with Any Old Road (will take you there).

Balsam Range again with Eldorado Blue.

Last edited:
Here are a couple from two of my favorite rockers. Let's get loud!

Nice, Don! I’d never heard Balsam Range before; they have a great bluegrass feel. As for Clapton/Winwood, I doubt we’ll see their like again. Somewhere, Jimi’s got to be smiling.

My contribution features Clapton and a few others you may recognize.

https://vimeo.com/138582044

BTW, it’s snowing on Signal this morning.

Nice, Don! I’d never heard Balsam Range before; they have a great bluegrass feel. As for Clapton/Winwood, I doubt we’ll see their like again. Somewhere, Jimi’s got to be smiling.

I need to pay more attention to this thread . Y’all are posting some good stuff .
We also got a little dusting of snow here in Paris last night .

Ian, one of the great songs, and a load of talent on that stage.

Yep, it was snowing pretty good when I went off the Mountain today. Clear when I came back up.

This is a band people either loved or hated. I’m definitely among the former. Their concerts were phenomenal and their musicianship, led by the incredible Steve Howe on lead guitar, lute and anything else with strings, is simply over the top.

So plug in the lava lamp . . .

Let's hear one from the wild style of one of the greatest guitar slingers of all time. Yeah, I'm talking about SRV.

Here's a down tempo number from the Old Rocker, Joe Cocker.

Moonstruck-(others) I believe with reading and listening to your wide choice of music that you will agree that this classic performed by this orchestra will be received by many of we posters. Please enjoy what was a total surprise to me in listening-
Al-Ketchikan

Al, you are right I enjoyed it very much. It was a great musical score for a great movie. Truly a classic. Here's another version I posted some time back by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. Also, I will through in another number by them.

"If you don't know where you're going Any Old Road Will Take You There". I can't seem to get those lyrics off my mind. So true.

How about these lyrics?

The sign in the window said for sale or trade
on the last remaining dinosaur that Detroit made
$700.00 was a heck of a deal
for a 400 horse power juke box on wheels

Here's Lonestar and What About Now.

Last edited:
I found this gem, the Peggy Lee version of Senza Fine. The haunting song comes from the 1965 movie "Flight of the Phoenix". Also used in a later movie "Ghost Ship".

Here's a blue grass number I heard this morning by the Gibson Brothers.

I heard this on the radio this morning. Here's ABBA with Take a Chance on Me.

Here's a change of pace jusr because I like it. Sarah McLachlan and Angel

Kicking it back up a bit, here's a group that's been around since the early 70s,
KC and the Sunshine Band. kinda the forerunner of the Miami Sound Machine,

Another venerable group.

Greetings,
Mr. M. Into a disco phase now, are we? Got one of these outfits hanging in the back of your closet somewhere? :dance:

th

Kc & sunshine band, many years ago I had the bad luck to catch a morning flight out of New Orleans with that bunch after they performed at jazzfest. Drunk, drugged or both they caused such a foul mouthed ruccus the flight was delayed. A couple were in first class, the ones in back were raising Hell 'cause they weren't. Finally the officials got them all seated and we took off. They were quiet ,more likely passed out, the rest of the flight.

Greetings,
Mr. M. Into a disco phase now, are we? Got one of these outfits hanging in the back of your closet somewhere? :dance:

th

R. T. have you been snooping around my closet. That's too good of a guess to be a lucky one. Double knits forever I say!

Let's bring back the smooth sound of Sade just because I really like her band.

While I'm in a rather smooth mood how about one from Blues Boy King. This is his theme song.

Last edited:
Sade one of my favorites!

Sade one of my favorites!

I agree with that, Steve. She and her band are best listened to when day is done, and sitting quietly with a glass of wine.

I only saw KC and the Sunshine Band live once. It was about 10 or 12 years ago. They still had a lively show. Sorry they ruined your flight.

Last edited:
Speaking of the Miami Sound Machine here they are with Gloria Estefan and Conga. WOW! What a band!

Slowing it down here's a really great song.

and another great song.

Last edited:
Thanks Don, first time I saw a clip of EWF. Doubt they bother with a closet.
Thanks too for BB King,simply great classic blues music.

Back
Top Bottom