Mainship 350/390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jclays

Vessel Name
Freebird
Vessel Make
1997 Mainship 350
Do any 350/390 owners have a factory Samson post installed on your Mainship 350/390 even 400. I have some questions to ask regarding the Samson post.
Thanks
Jim

I have it on my 400. What's your question?

I have it on my 400. What's your question?

Can you tell if there is a backing plate underneath the deck? There is no access to install one.
How about inside the anchor locker.
I purchased a Factory samson post for the 350/390 Mainship on Ebay and I will be installing it.

I am not at the boat but I have photos from my survey in 2018. This shot, I believe, shows a glassed-in piece of wood with the through bolts showing in the anchor locker pointing forward.

I don't know what is underneath, that would be hard to find without disassembling something.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 15
I am not at the boat but I have photos from my survey in 2018. This shot, I believe, shows a glassed-in piece of wood with the through bolts showing in the anchor locker pointing forward.

I don't know what is underneath, that would be hard to find without disassembling something.
If I was adding a Samson post I would add far more than a piece of glassed-over marine plywood. I added a windlass to a 43' boat. Had an engineer approve my plan, which included tying a backing plate to adjacent bulkhead, with four or five layers of (I believe)1708 fibreglass and West System epoxy. Don't underestimate the loads that will certainly be imposed at some point.

Back
Top Bottom