Magnetic pulses for floscan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConchyTonkin

I need to find the number of magnetic pulses generated by my TAMD40B for a new floscan unit I installed. Does anyone know this information or how to obtain it? Thank you in advance

Ummm, too long ago, can hardly remember breakfast. That said, turn the knob until the rpm’s match what you know to be true. I’ve got a really inexpensive photo tach that will accurately confirm the actual rpm.

Welcome aboard. Let’s start with the basics.
Are you looking for output from the flow sensor or a tachometer output from your engine? What model flow sensor? What model display unit? Have you called Floscan tech support?

If your tachometer magnetic pickup is attached at the bell housing of the engine, it is looking at the bull gear, and you need to ask the expert at Volvo what the number of teeth on the bull gear is. That is the magnetic pulse number. If it's another type pickup, I am out of answers.

Welcome aboard. Let’s start with the basics.
Are you looking for output from the flow sensor or a tachometer output from your engine? What model flow sensor? What model display unit? Have you called Floscan tech support?

From the tachometer. it is attached to the injector pump. floscan said I need to contact a Volvo penta dealer but none seem to know this answer

Is Floscan not a fuel metering device? These units should have a spec sheet which will give the number of pulses per litre (or gallon for the old fashioned of us). You could probably go online with the model number and get the pulses per whatever.

Good luck,
Nick

Back
Top Bottom