Looking at Tugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will273

Hi Guys. I'm from Charleston and live here...on land currently but am thinking about getting a Tug and liveaboard. After doing tons of research recently I found out what you probably already know and that is finding a marina that allows liveaboards is easier IF you buy a slip instead of renting one. They seem to allow more liveaboards if you own the slip.

Do any of you have or know anyone that has a Tug by any chance? I've watched a lot of videos and am interested in some Ranger Tugs and would like to see one in person instead of online. Thanks!

Had my eyes onRangerTug31CB for over a year.
Checked out at the Mimia Boat Show and one for sale in Cape Corral. Was good boarding them with partner and walking/talking through. Strongly recommend as we then ended opting
to a larger semi - displacement slower trawler for less money. To each his own, trade offs for sure.
We have1-2 live aboard at our marina association of 100 slips,
no input on details.

I think you should expand your search. A Ranger will be very cramped for living .

Could try the 41CB.

Yup, 40something range.
You buy a boat, you have more friends so you will need 2 staterooms. LOL
OR
You could put them in the saloon "bed" and hope they aren't comfortable and will go home soon

Thanks guys. As of now I'm more concerned with dealing with hurricanes and how to work with that than more which boat and size. It's all a big learning curve for me and for now I'm looking at the best options for survival if that's even possible. I'd hate to invest all the time, money and passion into a boat only to lose it in the next hurricane so that's what I'm looking at currently. Yes I am aware of getting hauled out, anchoring in a hurricane hole or leaving the area...each on has it's pros and cons. Once I find a solution I'll start looking closer to which boats I'm interested in. Thanks again.

Thanks guys. As of now I'm more concerned with dealing with hurricanes and how to work with that than more which boat and size. It's all a big learning curve for me and for now I'm looking at the best options for survival if that's even possible. I'd hate to invest all the time, money and passion into a boat only to lose it in the next hurricane so that's what I'm looking at currently. Yes I am aware of getting hauled out, anchoring in a hurricane hole or leaving the area...each on has it's pros and cons. Once I find a solution I'll start looking closer to which boats I'm interested in. Thanks again.

There is no guaranteed solution to hurricanes.

OldDan,

As Johnny Carson once said, “Never leave Kansas City.” I would change that to Utiagvik (Barrow). No hurricanes but a short boating season.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom