Location of fresh water shut off - MS 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

welippisch

Vessel Name
Adrift
Vessel Make
MS 400
2007 Mainship 400. My fresh water pump went out while cruising . I can’t seem to find the fresh water shutoff going into the pump prior to changing it out with a spare. I’m feeling a bit stupid but it’s certainly not in any obvious places (like near the pump).

Thanks

I don't knownyour boat at all. But, since it is late over here I'll throw out that on my boat's they have been on the tanks and right back where the saddle tank plumbing comes together into the main line that runs to the pump.

Ed
I'm not familiar with the MS 400 but on my MS 34 there is no valve between the tanks (2 inter- connectected) and the pump. The pump is mounted higher than the top of the tank and it has to draw water from the tanks.
No problem just disconnecting the pump inlet/ outlet and wiring and removing it for replacement.

Ed
I'm not familiar with the MS 400 but on my MS 34 there is no valve between the tanks (2 inter- connectected) and the pump. The pump is mounted higher than the top of the tank and it has to draw water from the tanks.
No problem just disconnecting the pump inlet/ outlet and wiring and removing it for replacement.
Thank you very much. I thought I was going nuts.

My boat has two potable water tanks and each has a shutoff valve right at the tank.

Yours may be the same or it may not, you have to look yourself.

Ed

This is true on the 400 as well. I changed out my old pump a couple of moths ago, no need to shut off the water flow from the tank, just disconnect the hoses and reconnect to the new pump.

In my Mainship 350, the two tanks are plumbed into a manifold with a shutoff for each tank. the shutoffs combine to a single line in feed that goes into the pump filter and pump. My manifold is right by the pressure pump.

The easiest thing to do to...

1) Locate each water tank.

2) Locate the Fill fitting and vent fitting on the top.

3) locate the outbound fitting and cross-over fittings on the bottom.

4) Trace the outbound fitting to the pump.

5) Repeat on both tanks.

Perfect, thank you, the Admiral is happy and we are on our way

Back
Top Bottom