Legge Door Locks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ours is a different brand (Schwepper), but removing the locking cylinder -- after removing the screw that holds it to the mortise latch mechanism -- only needed a slight rotation of the knob first. That moved the tab into its recess so the cylinder could slide out of the latch and trim set.

If anyone else needs Schwepper support, the U.S. distributor is The Brass Works Inc in Florida... and they've been very helpful what we've worked through the aftermath of a recent lockout incident.

-Chris

This is amazing! Please keep us posted. how did you remove the old cam to get this model built?

I finally did get my cylinder extracted, but we can't cut a key that works or find a suitable replacement.
Thanks! will do.

To pull the cam part off you've got to drive out the roll pin that holds it in place. The one on my buddy's Europa was so mucked up that I ended up drilling it to get it free. Not an easy task. What my plan is with this is to be able to have a kit that is the cylinder with 3 lobed cams, and a new set of keys. Then a template to do some filing to get the new cylinder to fit the door faceplates. Parts should be arriving from the shop around May 8th.

KROON Locks can often closely match the old Legge products. Their response to phone inquiries has been excellent.

Got to assembling the cylinder with the new cam. Went together super easily and hoping to get it installed into the door this weekend.

Here's the old lock that the previous locksmith cut out (yikes) and the new one up top. One of the old cams is also shown next to the new cam (made two).
1715351130577.png

I have good news. My locksmith was able to drill the pins and rekey my cylinder, restoring the Legge lock on my Grand Banks.

I have attached some photos and his contact information here should anyone else want this service. Tom is a true locksmith professional. While he wasn't familiar with this specific lock, he systematically worked thru the issue and can now assist others in need of re-keying these cylinders.

I reinstalled the cylinder and my door lock is restored!

best, Doug

Attachments

• cylinder.JPG
    cylinder.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 10
  • regiment-card.jpg
    regiment-card.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 11
  • door.jpg
    door.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 10
Back