Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree. The question I have is whether boat builders will embrace carbon fiber in trawlers and other yachts and more importantly if boaters can afford to buy carbon fiber yachts.

I wonder if carbon fiber material cost could drop way down if used as a staple building material for boats... car and truck too?? Probably not.

So where the head and shower and holding tank, galley and berthing spaces?

I agree, it has to be either a tender or a shuttle or maybe even a tour boat. Personally, for a tour boat, the seats are oriented incorrectly.

So where the head and shower and holding tank, galley and berthing spaces?

I agree, it has to be either a tender or a shuttle or maybe even a tour boat. Personally, for a tour boat, the seats are oriented incorrectly.

It is a tender. Here's a picture of the boat in its nature environment:

Jim

Attachments

• goetz shuttle.jpg
    goetz shuttle.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 137
Everett, Wa IMG_5977.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5977.jpg
    IMG_5977.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 194
Saw on someone's blog. Cool boat. Check out the dinghy stowage arrangement, though!

img_0032.jpg

I saw this boat at The Marina at Ortega Landing last week. A German couple, their kids and another friend were docking her there. Although it looks like a Dashew superficially, the owner said she was from New Zealand and that he bought her in Europe. the bow from a distance appears to have a reverse rake, an axe bow, but once you get up close its more plumb.

I like it! Poor man’s FPB?

Edit:

Damn! Just looked up those Dashew FPBs on YW. Cheapest one is $1.8 million? Sheesh.

Last edited:
I saw this boat about 32' long at Biloxi's Point Cadet Marina last week. Someone said it had been a navy hull, modified, looks nice to me. Can anyone ID it the name is Jolly. Sorry for the sidways picture.

Attachments

• IMG_3645.JPG
    IMG_3645.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I saw this boat about 32' long at Biloxi's Point Cadet Marina last week. Someone said it had been a navy hull, modified, looks nice to me. Can anyone ID it the name is Jolly. Sorry for the sidways picture.
Maybe 32 ft Fales ( Willard type )

It is a Fales Navigator 32. They were clones of the Willard Horizon 30 and built on the East Coast. They were 2' longer than the original design.

Willard built many utility boats for the US Navy, but this was purely a recreational trawler design.:thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_6015.jpg
    IMG_6015.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 123
Yep, Fales Navigator, just like mine.

Csugg

Greetings,
Mr. 60. Am I reading the advert' correctly? $25K for the boat which includes 1 crew @ $25/wk?

I think that is, IF you elect to keep the crew of 1. Sounds like a good investment.

I'll bet the beam is a killer

Greetings,
Mr. 60. Am I reading the advert' correctly? $25K for the boat which includes 1 crew @ $25/wk?

Yep.
Cheap way of cruising the Philippines and our money goes a loooooong way up there.
If I knew then what I know now we could have been on that and retired at 30.

Greetings,
Given the boat is advertised on an Australian site,$25AUD is about 1004 pesos pw,4350 p/calendar month. To illustrate,a 2 bedroom apartment in metro Manila rents at around 12000 pesos pcm, a 3 bedroom further out say 15000.
Wages are low because of lack of employment,which is why so many Filipinos(balikbayan) work overseas. Getting a proper job in Philippines usually requires knowing someone.
I`m guessing the boat employee gets "board and keep" on top of wages.

Looks a little light on fuel... or limited range although it only carries 80 hp John Deere.

Aluminum means no rust worries but does mean issues with corrosion and such. I assume the superstructure above the pilothouse is paravane booms?

Nice that it is dry stack and keel cooled so you have fewer hull penetrations. down here you would need A/C which it lacks but as a PNC boat looks ok.

It says there is an articulating rudder, but there are no photos of it. The Kitchen and other types of hinged rudders have always fascinated me as an aid to maneuvering single engine boats and I was hoping the broker would show it.

That looks like it’s right up my alley...Range is a question, but otherwise I really like it...

Seems a lot of money for not much boat and painting aluminium is a recipe for trouble IMHO.

Seems a lot of money for not much boat and painting aluminium is a recipe for trouble IMHO.

Oh I don’t think so. There are many, many aluminum oilfield crewboats still working hard after nearly 50 years service that are painted boats.

Oh I don’t think so. There are many, many aluminum oilfield crewboats still working hard after nearly 50 years service that are painted boats.
Still working yes but either they continually touch them up and repaint or they don't care about bubbles and corrosion.

I'm guessing in the oil industry their is no shortage of money sloshing around to throw at the problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom