Interesting Anchors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would cost more to modify the pulpit than you could ever recoup by saving a few dollars a month in slip fees. I would imagine it was modified so as to be able to fit in the slip.

It would cost more to modify the pulpit than you could ever recoup by saving a few dollars a month in slip fees. I would imagine it was modified so as to be able to fit in the slip.

Valid point, although I've worked with plenty that will spend a dollar to save a dime.:lol:

Funny timing, I saw a boat that had the same modifications. I never got to quiz the owner unfortunately. I assume the same things, either he’s got a max oal to deal with or he’s a cheap sucker.
I’m thinking the slip restriction is most likely.

Yeah.

My 44 just fits into a 50 foot berth.

Yeah, 50 feet is what I'll pay. Gladly. Rather than sawing off the pulpit. Or removing the transom dingy davit.

Already had to saw off the mast to fit the overhead - :)

My 44 just fits into a 50 foot berth.

Likewise our 47. With the bow anchor pulpit and the dinghy hanging off the swim platform we're 56' LOA. Which was a rude awakening for the slip we'd expected to use at our old marina. The fairway between the slips was only 52'. Had to scramble in late March to find a new slip.

Back
Top Bottom