In line squeeze Bulb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a Racor with an internal pump. Unscrew the knob on the top. Give it a couple of pumps and I can bleed all the way to the injectors! Takes 30 seconds!

I bought a Racor with an internal pump. Unscrew the knob on the top. Give it a couple of pumps and I can bleed all the way to the injectors! Takes 30 seconds!

I put one of the primer pumps in one of my Racors. Love it. Easy priming.

Have to admit that a few months before I sold the boat I went ahead and put a 24v Walbro in and tapping 24v off the nearby 32v bank. That sort of thing is usually a no-no, but the pump is very low power and only used 3 or 4 times a year total so I could get away with it.

I later found out that Walbro is Ok with the pump running off a 32v feed, again because it is very short use. So I switched it back and could use the nice little switch panel in the other engine room across the hall. I saved the squeeze bulb, which worked great by the way, as a spare for the dinghy motor, where it now resides a few years later. It is much heavier duty than what was on there before.

outboard squeeze bulb

On my perkins I put a T in my fuel manifold. with shut off and a barb on it. I would shut off all the lines to the tanks, and attach the out end of the ball to the barb, put the in end in a gallon of fuel and shut the valve and open the bleeder on my secondary filter, pump until I got no air,then shut the bleeder off and open the shut off on the barb. worked like a champ for 15 yrs

"None of this resolved down line priming but keeps me from having to store clean diesel in another can."

Many folks carry a few cans of ATF to prime with , nice and clean, easy to carry .

Some folks add a bit of ATF to their diesel to add some lubeosity (sp) to the ultra low sulphur fuel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom