How to locate the owner of a state-licensed boat in Maryland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IH82BL8

Veteran Member
While I've been getting my current boat ready for sale I've been combing the marina (and the internet) looking for my next boat. I've found a few that obviously haven't been used in some time and look like they have potential. One is Coast Guard documented, it was fairly easy to find the owner's contact information online. The other two are state-licensed (Maryland). I contacted the marina office and asked if they would contact the owners for me. They said they would but I don't think they did. Does anyone know how I can track down the owners using the license number or hull number to ask if they're interested in selling?

Thanks

Several years ago I found a cabin cruiser washed up on the shore of my property. I called the Maryland DNR with the state registration numbers and they gave me the owner's address. Hope this helps.

Several years ago I found a cabin cruiser washed up on the shore of my property. I called the Maryland DNR with the state registration numbers and they gave me the owner's address. Hope this helps.

This is slightly different than what the OP is attempting to do. You have the right to be able to contact someone who now has a salvage on your property.

I would be surprised if the DNR would provide contact information, but it's worth trying. The worst they can say is no.

I don't know that I would be reaching to people who's boat isn't for sale. I can't imagine many would call you back. If I were the marina employee, I would yes you to death, then go on with my day. I certainly wouldn't be bothering my customer's or waste my time being a call service.

I don't know that I would be reaching to people who's boat isn't for sale. I can't imagine many would call you back.

Most won't, but at least with cars, the idea of a "hey, if you're thinking of selling this at some point, give me a call, I'm interested" isn't unheard of. Most things are for sale for the right price or when the right motivation to sell comes along.

I would be surprised if they would give that info out, privacy laws etc. you might put a note on the boat.

Talk to a liveaboard. They usually have the poop on What's going on. If your in Baltimore, I mighy be able to help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom