Help Garmin problem.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquafarm

Vessel Name
Patience
Vessel Make
Maple Bay 27'
Trying to add NMEA 2000 backbone to Garmin gpsmap 742xs. All ports on unit are 8 pin female but backbone is 5 pin female. Is there a cable or adapter available to make this work. I already have Garmin radar working and sonar by using Garmin adapter but would like add more using NMEA 2000. I have the starter kit from Garmin and search for help. Hope someone can advise me. Thanks for any help in advance. Gerard. MV Patience.

Aqua,

I believe that the 742 has a NMEA2000 port on the left side looking at the back. Yes?

Are you looking at the right port? Looking at the back of the unit. You want the 2nd port from the left.

Thank you Ansley S. Thought I checked that one but it was the one next to it.( coaxial?) you made my day. Don’t tell anyone what an idiot I was because my wife already did just that. Thanks again for your quick reply. Bless you!

Aquafarm’s wife here… just to clarify, I did not call my hubby an idiot…
I suggested he ask TF the question that he’s been wrestling with all day… I saw the reply first and called into the boat “did you check the back?” He’s mumbling, “yes I did” as I hear him move stuff and then…a loud “Son..of…a B….” …so I did not call him any names, but my laughing could be heard throughout the marina. :lol::lol::lol: Thanks guys, he’s a busy and happy camper now.

That's what we live for...

Back
Top Bottom