Folding bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jsanacore, that's what I am talking about! It is just what the Admiral and I use. two old, non valuable standard bikes on the boat. When they are trash we recycle them.

They are a little on the heavy side but, whatever..

pete

You know, Pete, you have a good point there. When it comes to bringing a bike to places where theft is high or where corrosion is non-stop, sometimes just go with a cheap "disposable" bike.

I love my $400 Zizzo and have hundreds of miles on it, but unless it can be stored inside the cabin, I wouldn't bring it on a boat.

We have a pair of folding Totem CS-260 e-bikes. Solid enough. Fully charged, the battery lasts longer than my rear does. They easily go 15+ miles and a lot more with pedal effort. They fold down to fit in the supplied bags and weigh maybe 40 pounds, but that is just too big and too cumbersome for our boat. No place to store them aboard and too clumsy to wrestle them off when we want to ride somewhere. They are in the basement or garage along with generations of past bikes.

I went with the lightest simplest folding bike I could find. The Retrospec Judd works for me. Weighs about 24 pounds. Single speed. Coaster brake. Aluminum frame. Very inexpensive. Not much to go wrong.

I appreciate the light weight for bringing on or off the boat. Comfortable to ride for a couple miles or even more to get to the store for provisions. I carry things in a small backpack. Compact for storing on the boat.

Here's a link: https://retrospec.com/products/judd-folding-bike-single-speed?avad=220733_f2c241855

-martin610

We have a pair of folding Totem CS-260 e-bikes. Solid enough. Fully charged, the battery lasts longer than my rear does. They easily go 15+ miles and a lot more with pedal effort. They fold down to fit in the supplied bags and weigh maybe 40 pounds, but that is just too big and too cumbersome for our boat. No place to store them aboard and too clumsy to wrestle them off when we want to ride somewhere. They are in the basement or garage along with generations of past bikes.

Great point that never gets brought up. These ebikes are always promoting huge range but by 15 miles my butt is done!

I have 2 West Marine Port Riders I bought new 10 yrs ago. I dont recommend them. They are a bit too flimsy and some parts have rusted, I had storage bags made for them. Seems for $300 they could afford stainless hardware. I like the Dahon design.

Back
Top Bottom