Finally ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralsy

Now I finally feel like I belong.
Welcome to Adagio. Our home for the foreseeable future. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20210911_153201_844.jpg
    IMG_20210911_153201_844.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20210911_153201_870.jpg
    IMG_20210911_153201_870.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 66
Nice boat!!!!

Yes, indeed, welcome to another Aussie. Lovely vessel. Can't be many of those up on the Sunshine Coast. Where are you based..? I'm on Bribie Island. Sadly, now boatless. However, that does give me more time to keep an eye on this particular 'ship', and its sometimes naughty sailors. :flowers: :D

PS. Is that a Selene...or a Helmsman..?

Last edited:
Congratulations! That's a fine vessel you've got there.

Yes, indeed, welcome to another Aussie. Lovely vessel. Can't be many of those up on the Sunshine Coast. Where are you based..? I'm on Bribie Island. Sadly, now boatless. However, that does give me more time to keep an eye on this particular 'ship', and its sometimes naughty sailors. :flowers: :D

PS. Is that a Selene...or a Helmsman..?

Hi Peter B, I'm currently living at Peregian Beach and Adagio is a Selene. She's currently down at the Boat Works in Coomera getting some maintenance and personal improvements done, then we'll take her up to the Great Sandy Straits Marina in Hervey Bay where we'll live aboard.

Nice one, hope she gets to spend more time out of that marina than in. (-;

What are you going to do for fuel there, you have seen that poor excuse for a fuel dock right?

Very nice boat. I've always liked Selene's and yours is a beauty.

Yup, that about makes you belong alright!

You will be close to the folks doing all that interesting work on a trawler seen on Youtube - Project Brupeg.

Last edited:
Great boat and it is so very white.

Nice!!
Enjoy.

Hi Peter B, I'm currently living at Peregian Beach and Adagio is a Selene. She's currently down at the Boat Works in Coomera getting some maintenance and personal improvements done, then we'll take her up to the Great Sandy Straits Marina in Hervey Bay where we'll live aboard.
I've always loved those Selenes. You looky booger..! On both counts - where you are, and what you'll be doin'... :D

I've always loved those Selenes. You looky booger..! On both counts - where you are, and what you'll be doin'... :D

We're still in Peregian and will move onto the boat when the works are completed. Here's a list of some of the things that need doing: -
- Single draw dishwasher install
- Naiad stabilzer seals replaced and hydraulics checked.
- Stabilizer fin delamination repair.
- Flybridge top replacement ( currently a bimini)
- Pilothouse window outer sealant replacement.
- Antifouling
- 2 gelcoat cracks repair on swim platform
- 2 new chartplotter installation
- Replace AIS
- PSS maintenance kit
- Prop shaft bearings inspected for wear while the PPS is maintained.
- foredeck hatch leaking need to be repaired
- Good polish and wax.
There are other things that i will do when we move the boat up to Hervey Bay.

Thanks to all the nice comments. It's much appreciated. Getting sick of people making stupid comments like "Best time you'll have boating is when you first buy the boat and when you sell it". Trying to not take any notice. Only positive thoughts for me.

Grand boat Ralsy,Congratulations!

Came from Sydney? Think I recall it being marketed here.

Thanks to all the nice comments. It's much appreciated. Getting sick of people making stupid comments like "Best time you'll have boating is when you first buy the boat and when you sell it". Trying to not take any notice. Only positive thoughts for me.

I've always attributed that saying to casual boat owners, not true boaters like the type who spend time on a site like this.

Yes Sir, she’s a fine looking vessel. Enjoy her, take good care of here and she will take care of you. Dont forget to sign up on the Selene Owners group.
Cheers!

Great looking boat. You will surely enjoy your life on board.
Urangan a good place to stay, can get out around Fraser in most weather.

Just for interest purposes here's a couple of pucs of marina and Hervey Bay next to Fraser Island

Attachments

• images.jpeg-10.jpg
    images.jpeg-10.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 77
  • images.jpeg-9.jpg
    images.jpeg-9.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 78
Yep, that's right. Great place for summer boating. Are you close?

Sold my larger cruiser, 50' Timber , ketch rigged unit earlier this year. Used to spend a reasonable amount of time up there whale watching and on our way north and south.
Have now purchased a small (39') ex timber tassie cray boat. This is a project and yes I am a timber boat tragic. Built and had the last one for 26 years.
New vessel (to me) is in Mackay and I am getting here ready for the trip south so I can carry on with the refurb.
Hope to come thru the Straits early part of October , weather permitting.
Cheers
Benn

Sold my larger cruiser, 50' Timber , ketch rigged unit earlier this year. Used to spend a reasonable amount of time up there whale watching and on our way north and south.
Have now purchased a small (39') ex timber tassie cray boat. This is a project and yes I am a timber boat tragic. Built and had the last one for 26 years.
New vessel (to me) is in Mackay and I am getting here ready for the trip south so I can carry on with the refurb.
Hope to come thru the Straits early part of October , weather permitting.
Cheers
Benn
Hey Benn, we almost bought a 55ft carvel planked cruiser called Lagertha, now residing in Mackay. Beautiful flybridge cruiser. I would have loved to own her but was my fault we missed out. Come and say gday when you cruise past the GSSM. We should be there for about 6 months from the beginning of October. Looking forward to see your boat.
Cheers
Ralf (ralsy)

Ralf,
Yes I know Lagertha very well. I knew her previous owners Chris and Judy. My boat builder mate Doug Fielding looked after her for the last 5 years or so.
A great boat. I am moored just a few pens down from her in Mackay.

Wifey B: I love following this thread just for the exposure to another language, Australian. :rofl:

I think Selene's are so often not discussed as much as they deserve. I really like them, while totally not my kind of boat. But I see them as great boats with their owners so happy with them. :)

What are you going to do for fuel there, you have seen that poor excuse for a fuel dock right?

For those that may have been wondering about my comment.......

Big bloody posts on the OUTSIDE of the pontoon so you either need a short boat and thrusters to slot in between posts or have barge boards set up ready for them
Or
Enough tankage not to bother getting fuel there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-14-07-15-34-294~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-14-07-15-34-294~2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 13
Dave,
I fueled up at that fuel dock many times in Tidahapah and never a problem, a lot of the time single handed.
The biggest problem for me used to be the Fraser Is barge tied up on the northern side and that is the only side I ever used.

Back
Top Bottom