Cruising from Oswego, NY to Sorel-Tracy, QC, via the St. Lawrence Seaway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aequitas

Vessel Name
Awakening
Vessel Make
American Tug 395
Hello - I am planning on cruising the Triangle Loop this summer and will be cruising from Oswego to Sorel-Tracy via the St. Lawrence Seaway in early to mid-August. I am looking for marina recommendations on the St. Lawrence, including the Thousand Islands area. We will be spending about three days in the Thousand Islands area before heading toward Montreal and Sorel. Would welcome any suggestions.

We did the same loop last July/August, starting from the 1000 Islands where we are based. We used very few marina's, preferring to anchor. Will send you a private message of our stays and experience.
Chris

Hello - I am planning on cruising the Triangle Loop this summer and will be cruising from Oswego to Sorel-Tracy via the St. Lawrence Seaway in early to mid-August. I am looking for marina recommendations on the St. Lawrence, including the Thousand Islands area. We will be spending about three days in the Thousand Islands area before heading toward Montreal and Sorel. Would welcome any suggestions.
For Province of Quebec's marinas, you should download this bilingual guide: Nautiguide 2023 - Nautisme Québec . Very useful with all the relevant information for each marina.

Once you'll get out of the St.Lawrence Seaway in Montreal, I would suggest a stop at Old Montreal Marina . It is a convenient base to visit downtown Montreal. Avoid La Ronde Marina, it's pricey and noisy next to an amusement park. Still in the vicinities of the exit of the St. Lawrence Seaway, you should be able to refuel at Longueuil Marina.

From Old Montreal to Sorel/Tracy, this is a 40 n.m trip. In Sorel, if you want to stay there (not much to see in the city...), you can stay at Marina de Saurel (refueling possible). In this region, the interesting thing is all the islands. Many boaters choose to explore and anchor among these islands.

If I were you, I would extend my trip to Quebec City if you have the time. It is 100 n.m. east of Sorel and is worth the trip! Along the way, you can stop in Trois-Rivières where you'll have the choice of 2 marinas, Marina de Trois-Rivières and Trois-Rivières Yacht-Club. The first is well protected, has a mechanic and a small chandlery on site and is said to be opening this year a brand new restaurant. This marina is located within a large municipal park, The second is less protected from the waves of commercial navigation on the St.Lawrence River but is closer to Trois-Rivières downtown. Refueling is possible at both marinas.

70 n.m. from Trois-Rivières, you will find Quebec City. It is a spectacular city when seen from the St. Lawrence. Stay at Marina du Vieux-Port. You'll be next to Quebec's Old city as if you were in Old Europe. Plenty of restaurants, galleries and memories. Refueling possible in many places around Quebec.

Bienvenue chez nous!

For Province of Quebec's marinas, you should download this bilingual guide: Nautiguide 2023 - Nautisme Québec . Very useful with all the relevant information for each marina.

Once you'll get out of the St.Lawrence Seaway in Montreal, I would suggest a stop at Old Montreal Marina . It is a convenient base to visit downtown Montreal. Avoid La Ronde Marina, it's pricey and noisy next to an amusement park. Still in the vicinities of the exit of the St. Lawrence Seaway, you should be able to refuel at Longueuil Marina.

From Old Montreal to Sorel/Tracy, this is a 40 n.m trip. In Sorel, if you want to stay there (not much to see in the city...), you can stay at Marina de Saurel (refueling possible). In this region, the interesting thing is all the islands. Many boaters choose to explore and anchor among these islands.

If I were you, I would extend my trip to Quebec City if you have the time. It is 100 n.m. east of Sorel and is worth the trip! Along the way, you can stop in Trois-Rivières where you'll have the choice of 2 marinas, Marina de Trois-Rivières and Trois-Rivières Yacht-Club. The first is well protected, has a mechanic and a small chandlery on site and is said to be opening this year a brand new restaurant. This marina is located within a large municipal park, The second is less protected from the waves of commercial navigation on the St.Lawrence River but is closer to Trois-Rivières downtown. Refueling is possible at both marinas.

70 n.m. from Trois-Rivières, you will find Quebec City. It is a spectacular city when seen from the St. Lawrence. Stay at Marina du Vieux-Port. You'll be next to Quebec's Old city as if you were in Old Europe. Plenty of restaurants, galleries and memories. Refueling possible in many places around Quebec.

Bienvenue chez nous!
Forgot to mention this site. Very useful for planning your trip in Province of Quebec.

Greetings,
I heartily agree with going to Quebec City!!!! One of my MOST favorite cities in North America. Prepare to forget about any diet regimes you happen to be on. The food is wonderful!

Bienvenue chez nous!
Thank you very much for this helpful advice and recommendations!

Greetings,
I heartily agree with going to Quebec City!!!! One of my MOST favorite cities in North America. Prepare to forget about any diet regimes you happen to be on. The food is wonderful!
Thank you! Our plans will not allow for a detour to Quebec City. Fortunately, we've been there several times and enjoyed it!

Back
Top Bottom